Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
This is a rebellion, isn't it? I rebel.
badge
He's a card player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd like him.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I know this has been asked before but does anyone know a place where you can buy the metal Caylus coins other than the Ystari store and/or have a set(s) of the metal coins they would be willing to sell?

I've seen a few people link to the Ystari store but they seem to no longer offer them.

I felt compelled to ask, as I've been on a recent string of luck finding other overseas promos with the help of kind folks here on BGG showing me Euro-websites to buy them at, like the glass Space Alert bits and one of the Rattus promos.

Caylus is one of my all-time favorite games though, and thus the metal coins are top of my list. I'd love to get like two or three rolls of them, so just buying the Caylus Premium Limited Edition doesn't really help (and I like the winding road better).

Side-note: I bought/played Lords of Waterdeep after all that hype surrounding it lately. It really succeeded at one thing: making me realize I don't play nearly enough Caylus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tadeu Zubaran
Brazil
Porto Alegre
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mattr0polis wrote:
Side-note: I bought/played Lords of Waterdeep after all that hype surrounding it lately. It really succeeded at one thing: making me realize I don't play nearly enough Caylus.

LOL. Few will remember Lords of Waterdeep in 2 years I think it is all hype no substance, it is just a watered down generic euro with a pasted fantasy setting thematic.

[edit] You may want to delete the "want to sell" part because it is against bgg rules and someone may report you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Hersey
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
see if you can get your hands on these Realm Coins. I got my set through kick-starter to use in games like Caylus, Notre Dame, and A Game of Thrones Card Game and they are just awesome!!! Very sturdy and there design is geared toward fantasy/medieval making them the perfect fit for caylus. Not sure what the ystari coins cost but this is definately worth looking into.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avri Balofsky
Israel
Tel Mond
HaSharon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The US Government actually issued a really nice set of replacement coins for Caylus. Look for the Pennies & Nickels expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
This is a rebellion, isn't it? I rebel.
badge
He's a card player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd like him.
mbmbmbmbmb
Reish Galuta wrote:
The US Government actually issued a really nice set of replacement coins for Caylus. Look for the Pennies & Nickels expansion.

Wow yeah! And I could use the 'Piece of Paper' expansion to replace the tiles and board, and pieces of spray-painted lint for the resources, a Cracker Jack box for the game box, and workers can be just a bunch of random pieces I find in the garbage! (which is where pennies belong) In fact, why did I pay a single dollar for this game at all?

Lol, I see what you're saying but sometimes it's nice to get the official, nice pieces for stuff. Especially for our favorite games.

(no, I don't actually throw my pennies in the garbage)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Reish Galuta wrote:

It turns out many other governments have also issued nice metal coins for Caylus! E.g. I have acquired some of the Polish Caylus coins. So in fact, a Caylus player who wants metal coins has many options available for all manner of exotic metal coinage.

PS: In all seriousness, the Polish game Mozaika really does come with Polish coins which are used as the game's currency!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Briscoe
United Kingdom
Shropshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Would it not be cheaper to go to the nearest Bureau de Change armed with a handful of coins and ask for french coins in 1 and 5 denominations? Just a thought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.