Subject: Stop whining- your life is soft rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just saw the movie Fiddler on the Roof, for the first time last night, on TV, and came away with an overwhelming & immense respect for the generations of men and women around the world who made my life so easy today.

I am as guilty as the next person, bitching about traffic and how it took an extra 15 minutes for me to get home from work because a long freight train was crossing the road during rush hour.

15 minutes? Hah! I didn't have to walk home in the cold, after all. I listened to a CD while waiting for the train. A little perspective was needed.

In the movie, they showed real suffering. I can't imagine having to leave my home and carry whatever belongings I had with me, pulling a cart because the horse was lame, for miles and miles along muddy trails, just because the government didn't want me in my village any more.
And when they mention the places that they are going to; Krakow, Poland. Siberia. Even New York & Chicago, in the early 1900s. They are all so naive, and hopeful that things may turn out for them. Erm, wrong. Those are lousy places to be once the wars start happening.

Like I said, (your) my life is soft. Wow!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R.T. Sloan
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
" I am a werewolf stampede. I will stomp on your infant minds with my righteous fuzzy toes. "
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Watch Shindler's List if you want suffering. I know how lucky I am
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Edwards
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
YA R'LYAH
badge
Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn! With cheeze!
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Mohling
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chanfan wrote:

Is "Venn Diagrams that are improperly utilized" a first world problem?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Edwards
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
YA R'LYAH
badge
Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn! With cheeze!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, but so are "Venn diagrams, even improperly utilized ones, that are used for humor"!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Mohling
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WallyNate wrote:
Chanfan wrote:

Is "Venn Diagrams that are improperly utilized" a first world problem?

Ah ha! I found the relevant article: http://eblong.com/zarf/thod/38.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
いい竹やぶだ!

South Euclid
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmb
WallyNate wrote:

That's also a good explanation of the difference between union and intersection, even independent of Venn diagrams. thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kunnagh Scott
England
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
robigo wrote:
WallyNate wrote:

That's also a good explanation of the difference between union and intersection, even independent of Venn diagrams. thumbsup

And that, people, right there, is both the light and the dark side of the 'geek. We all enjoy a post like this, and it's very informative, if somewhat nerdy. But how quickly we got distracted to this from the original point!

We should never, never be in government - "Mr President, I'd like to press you, if I may, on the exact details of this foreign aid healthcare packag... Oh cool! This paper has equations in it! Hang on, this calculus looks a bit odd... What were we talking about?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy the Hut
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Sit beside the breakfast table Think about your troubles Pour yourself a cup of tea Then think about the bubbles
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea, I know what it is to live a hard life.

Sometimes when I heat my coffee in the microwave the little plate that spins around makes it stop at the back and I need to reach all the way back there to get my coffee when it's done. What a pain!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hey, I've created a video channel! Hover over my avatar to get more info! :) - Josh -
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
My video channel has a Facebook page - Find it by searching "Josh Yaks page" on Facebook
badge
Find my video channel on YouTube as "Josh Yaks"!
mbmbmbmbmb
If one thing can get me ranting, it's this topic!

I've had Crohn's disease my entire life. As a very young boy, I had to learn to grit my teeth and bear through all sorts of horrible medical tests, I've nearly died twice, and even now as a soon-to-be 36-year old, pain and depression are a constant part of my life. However, 15 years of experience as a paramedic, working with those who are severely injured and ill, who are chronically ill or dying, or who have just died, have taught me just how good my life really is. I'm so very fortunate to just have Crohn's, to not be paralyzed or have cancer or cerebral palsy or cystic fibrosis or multiple sclerosis or any number of other severely debilitating diseases, to live in a first world nation with best-in-the-world health care, to work for an organization that provides a top-notch medical plan and pays for all my very expensive drugs, to have a very loving and supportive family, to still be alive and kicking (at least for now zombie ), and on and on I could go...

I've always said that you can tell how easy a person's life is by the things they complain about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pater Absurdus
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
There's really no wrong way to use a margarita pool
badge
"What is best in Life? To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
mbmbmbmbmb
Obviously many of us are very blessed and it would be to our benefit and to the benefit of those around us to be grateful. Becoming frustrated over silliness may be a great way to speed one along toward their first heart attack...

I also think it's worth noting that someone has to be unsatisfied with the status quo in order to be motivated to make it better.

Side note: when I complain about traffic it is not simply because I have to wait. It is because the government is failing to do one of the few things I believe they should actually do, maintain our roads and keep traffic moving.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pater Absurdus
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
There's really no wrong way to use a margarita pool
badge
"What is best in Life? To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:

Lewis C. K. is very funny but I also find him really annoying. It just hit me why he annoys me. He whines about whining and that comes off a bit whiney to me...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy the Hut
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Sit beside the breakfast table Think about your troubles Pour yourself a cup of tea Then think about the bubbles
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
"Everythings Amazing & Nobodys Happy" video

This Louis CK video is great, however this is also how one begins to sound like a grumpy old man.

I used to tell my son, back when he was in high school, that when I wanted to check my e-mail when I his age I had to walk two miles in the snow to do so. Of course this was some what true in the late 70ies I had to get to the computer lab at the local University to log in. However most days I'd catch a bus or if weather permitting ride my bike.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Wilson
United States
Pleasanton
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Worrying about what someone else is worrying about is definitely a first-world problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.