Popular Tags: identify [+] [View All]
Jarek W
Poland
flag msg tools
Commutator
badge
.Komutator
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, today a customer showed us his old game in a boardgame store asking if there's a re-edition. We had absolutely no idea what this game was even called. Therefore I'm asking for help with the name and availability.

The board:
Similar to the chess board, 8x8 white and green "land" squares with additional "water" squares around them.

Figures:
Four sets of wooden shapes (two circles, two squares, two rhombi and two triangles). Each set was in different color, so the game was for up to 4 players.

Setup:
Each player places his figures on the "water" tiles on the board, along one edge.

Goal:
To move all of your figures to the edge opposing your starting position edge.

Movement:
Every shape moves differently (rhombus moves diagonally, circle can move in any direction, etc.). If there's another figure on a tile where a piece would move, it jump over it instead, like in checkers.

This is all I know about this game, maybe I didn't get something right, but you'll probably get the idea.

Please help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lame
United States
Huntington Woods
Michigan
flag msg tools
I can't remember the name of it, but I played it at Clark's 2010 U-Con abstract games tournament.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Engle
United States
Battle Creek
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like Traverse
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clark D. Rodeffer
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, it sounds like Traverse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If it is Traverse, I don't think it's available anymore. But there is a 1990's looking edition in a thrift store near me, if anyone's interested.

Probably not worth it to come from Poland, however

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek W
Poland
flag msg tools
Commutator
badge
.Komutator
mbmbmbmbmb
Naaah, I'll pass with that one.
But thanks a lot guys! It's good to know there are some helpful, wise geeks all over the world.

And it was the Traverse indeed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.