Popular Tags: [View All]
D Conklin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

An exchange in this thread: Trading Star Trek Tactics, got me thinking about a play aid that I think would be very useful...at least for newer HeroClix players.

I find myself constantly "cross checking" between the dial and card during games, even sometimes picking the ship up and clicking down a slot to see when it switches to a particular power.

So, here is an attempt at putting the dial stats on the card, for easy reference:

Do you think this would be useful?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Taylor
United States
Venice
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dc0nklin wrote:
Do you think this would be useful?

YES!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cadieux
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be incredibly useful and is a great idea that should be picked up by NECA for future use! Thanks for posting it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Conklin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't make any promises...but as I make these for my own use, I'll post the files under Files on the main page...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Taylor
United States
Venice
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dc0nklin wrote:
I can't make any promises...but as I make these for my own use, I'll post the files under Files on the main page...

Awesome! Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Conklin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Taking a cue from this thread: My Re-Writing of the Powers, I think putting the power description (edited to refer to ships instead of characters) will help even more!

Some editing will have to be done for long power names and wordy descriptions...but by using some conventions and leaving the official HC power name in parenthesis, everything can still be looked up.

Here's a first try:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur chang
United States
TUSTIN
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cujo8minus1 wrote:
It would be incredibly useful and is a great idea that should be picked up by NECA for future use! Thanks for posting it!

In fact, the original Halo Actionclix cards had the entire dial printed on them just like the example here from the HCRealms image. That was the main thing I wished NECA had changed when they took over, but alas, no. A least they numbered the clicks now, so maybe we'll get there someday...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cadieux
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope NECA picks this up in the near future. I introduced a new player to the game this past weekend and he mentioned how nice it would be to see what was coming up on the dial in advance of turning it. Would definitely be better than having to pick up the piece, turn the dial, turn the dial back and then replacing the piece.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David McKenna
msg tools
Aren't you a little short for a Stormtrooper?
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely useful!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.