Barry Ingram
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone.

I'm planning to host a CC:Ancients tournament at the UK Games Expo 2012 in Birmingham.

http://www.ukgamesexpo.co.uk/bookevents.php?category=bor

It would be great to see faces old and new.

I'll be posting more details here so watch this space.

Feel free to ask any questions here or via geek mail

Looking forward to another great day's gaming...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Stone
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have booked place and am looking forward to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United Kingdom
Wigton
Cumbria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am in Barry, and ticket paid for. Lawrence, however, can't play this year. He is under a "must revise for GCSEs diktat".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Ingram
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Paul & Mike

It will be good to see you both again.
Thanks for the support.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Ingram
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
More event details here...
http://www.ukgamesexpo.co.uk/game.php?id=BOR16

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Stone
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Always appreciate your willingness to organise this enjoyable event, Barry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Ingram
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I'm just a sucker for punishment Paul

I'll carry on running it just so long as there is enough interest to warrant the space and support the Event organisers provide.

I had thought it would be good to try for some support from GMT but the costs for them to ship to the UK have always made me falter.

The £25 prize money (care of one of the retailers - not sure who it will be this year) is always very welcome and adds a nice touch for the eventual winner but, to be honest, I don't think it really encourages any players that wouldn't otherwise join in.

As ever, thanks for your support Paul and look forward to watching your skilfull prowess of rolling the wrong dice at the right time
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Stone
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the prize money is like icing on the cake - just enjoy the event. And as for my dice rolling - I will NOT turn into one of those paranoid rollers who thinks the dice are always against them....16
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Sean
United Kingdom
Leicester
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
badge
You wanted the best, You got the best, The hottest band in the World..KISS!
mbmbmbmbmb
Mantuanwar wrote:
I am in Barry, and ticket paid for. Lawrence, however, can't play this year. He is under a "must revise for GCSEs diktat".

Boooh! Mean old Dad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Ingram
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is indeed a shame that Lawrence can't make it this year.
He did help to bring the average age of the group down quite significantly!

Maybe some new young blood will spot this post and step up to the plate. I always like to see the younger members of the gaming fraternity getting involved in my events. I especially like when they can challenge and often beat the more senior/experienced players. I know for fact that Lawrence himself has taken some serious scalps in his time... mentioning no names, eh, Mike

In fact one of my most endearing memories involves a game in which Lawrence was fielding a force of heavy cavalry against a mixed but primarily 'light' foe. I can't remember the actual name of the scenario but is was a 'picture' when he charged into the light ranks and his opponent (previous year's BattleLore Champion, so he was no novice when it comes to the C&C mechanics) 'forgot' the evade rule and got thoroughly smashed!! hehe.

Good times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ian roberts
United Kingdom
leicester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm, a novel way of eliminating the opposition Mike ! Almost like having an 'Inspired Leader goes missing to study for exams' card in the deck....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Ingram
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see we have a few players now signed up.
Thanks for your support whoever you are.

I thought it might be a 'nice' idea this year to invite the participants to suggest scenarios they may like included in the event - so, anyone signed up that has a particular fav scenario just list it here and I'll see if I can plan it into the schedule of games.

The only limiting factors will be number of suggestions and/or availability of game-expansion sets if not from the base game.

Cheers all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United Kingdom
Wigton
Cumbria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whether Lawrence will actually do any revising that weekend seems doubtful. But we have to go through the motions! Fortunately for him he does not yet seem to have reached the limits of what clever improvisation will do for him, over perspiration and graft, though that crisis could arrive during his coming 6th form years.

He will be chuffed that his "exploits" are so fondly remembered, and eager for a return in 2013 (though he will have Lower 6th exams then too).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Sean
United Kingdom
Leicester
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
badge
You wanted the best, You got the best, The hottest band in the World..KISS!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Barry

Anything out of the base sets (C&C A and Memoir) is fine by me.

The add-ons do provide some eye candy, but I am always concious of the logistics involved and the responsibility of looking after other peoples stuff especially with the components and crib sheets etc from the C&C A expansions.

Although it has to be said we have never had a problem yet!.

As always, I am certain you will pick the right blend of scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Stone
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Barry, no real preference regarding scenarios. Looking forward to enjoyable gaming!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Ingram
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Guys.

Just finalising the plans for the weekend.

Could I ask that anyone participating that can bring their own copies of the game would be a great help.

Big Sean - if you could co-ordinate the Leicester crew game-sets for me it would be much appreciated.

Thanks all and see you at the weekend.

Good times !!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United Kingdom
Wigton
Cumbria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Barry for a super day. I've been painfully reliving the last game all the way home...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Stone
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks again, Barry, for your excellent hard work - much appreciated. Think I'll give the tournament a miss next year - there is only so much sarcastic mockery I am willing to tolerate from an opponent.

May see you at the Hilton Metropole.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United Kingdom
Wigton
Cumbria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Dice Tower some of you were ogling was from Rathbone Games (07771742676).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.