Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lukas Wernig
Austria
Villach
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

After reading why some people keep track of all the games they play I thought I want to do that too.

Now I want to ask how everybody is doing this? I assume not everyone does it the same way.
Do you do it with excel or word etc.?
what do you keep track of?

some examples, screenshots would be appreciated

Thank you very much!

Lukas
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Hagenauer jr.
Germany
Surheim
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don´t track all my plays.
But I know a lot of geeks do so right here on BGG.
Go to the bottom of the page of the game you played, click "Record a play", and than add as much information about the game as you want (players, score, winner, location ...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Sterckx
Belgium
Vilvoorde
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There's also a "record a play" link at the top, right next to "# of players" - saves you the effort to scroll down

Now, I've only started recording my plays on January 1st of this year purely out of curiosity to see which games get played and which don't. I also put the name of the winner in the comment field, not that it really matters, but it's always fun to see that you're quiet good at one game, but not at another and how this influences how you feel about a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Green Dan
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I only started recording my plays on the 'geek after the Android App was released. That way it's not really any effort as I have my phone with me all the time anyway. I don't record everything though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Seb. ●leoskyangel●
Malaysia
Bangsar & PJ
flag msg tools
badge
I play games not to win, it's the gathering that's important - Thanks for the tip Cate108!
mbmbmbmbmb
flea4 wrote:
Hi,

After reading why some people keep track of all the games they play I thought I want to do that too.

Now I want to ask how everybody is doing this? I assume not everyone does it the same way.

Thank you very much!

Lukas

The easiest method is right in front of you, right here on BGG.

For each play, I'll include the place, players (amount and names), scores (if I remember or record on my ipod) and whether there are first timers to the game we played. Only on certain occasion I put in some extras like gameplay session, or comments, especially if there's any memorable moments.

Although this is how I log my plays, I think the only thing that matters to me is the number of plays, although sometimes it's nice to see the additional notes.
- Damien

EDIT: Now, when I said number of plays, it helps me in a few ways. I get to know how frequent I play games every month (last month; March is my highest since December 2010, yeay!), what games that I have played most, what new games I have played for the month, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I used to track plays, but it became tedious, especially given how often I played games outside of my home. I had to either remember, or note them down on paper. After getting an iPhone, I thought using the iOS app would make it easier, but there seems to be a bug (or maybe feature) that drains far more battery than it should after it has been launched.

It is fun to look back at my games played from 2006 and on, to see how my gaming tastes evolved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
General Norris
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
I don't track all my games, Liberté is not about trains.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morgan
United States
Simi Valley
CA
flag msg tools
I see absolutely zero point in tracking plays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pater Absurdus
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
There's really no wrong way to use a margarita pool
badge
"What is best in Life? To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
mbmbmbmbmb
flea4 wrote:
Hi,

Thank you very much!

Lukas

I really enjoy tracking my plays here on BGG. It is a bit eye opening to see how many plays games actually get.

Good luck, I hope you get as much out of it as me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed G.
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like to track my plays so that I can look back and see how many times I've played a particular game, or how many times I've played during a certain period of time, with whom I've played, etc. I treat my recorded plays as a journal, of sorts, which I can look back on and recollect.

I try to log all plays, but I'm not neurotic about it. The Android app is helpful for this.

Here's a link to my logged plays:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/plays/bymonth/user/Ursus_Major/...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
richiebabes wrote:

I see absolutely zero point in posting that comment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morgan
United States
Simi Valley
CA
flag msg tools
tumorous wrote:
richiebabes wrote:

Ah but you cannot see the invisible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pater Absurdus
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
There's really no wrong way to use a margarita pool
badge
"What is best in Life? To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:
richiebabes wrote:

This!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morgan
United States
Simi Valley
CA
flag msg tools
This what?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Garttmeyer
United States
Warminster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I log all my plays right here on BGG, sadly the first two years of my gaming life were not recorded. I love every once in awhile looking back at some plays from a few years ago and remembering a certain game and what else we did that night. Good times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.