Eruption» Forums » General

Subject: Suicidal moves rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ignatius Jopy
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
..or for exact word the player deliberately place lava tile to contact his own village. By this way he got action card(s) and taking the "lead" to gain the eruption tile. Based on rules, this seems legal, albeit un-thematic moves. What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. oeppel
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
omodo wrote:
..or for exact word the player deliberately place lava tile to contact his own village. By this way he got action card(s) and taking the "lead" to gain the eruption tile. Based on rules, this seems legal, albeit un-thematic moves. What do you think?

Sounds perfectly fine to me.

However, take into account that the lava damage is dealt at the very beginning of the turn, before a new lava tile is placed. So I guess the benefit of this move would be quite questionable, as he would have to wait another full round.

So it just doesn't matter if it's your, your opponents or a neutral village. You always draw a card for each new lava flow into a village.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignatius Jopy
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for the comment!

personally I do not like this move, maybe I will try to houserules them, for example if player placed tile to contact their own village they do not gain card(s) or lose one wall(s) in stockpile. In condition no appropriate placement except near his own village, new tile will be drawn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Ortiz
United States
Clifton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thematically it could be considered allowing the lava to go into a less than desirable place to prevent a bigger explosion somewhere that you don't want it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.