Eruption» Forums » Rules

Subject: Another question for rotated lava tile rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ignatius Jopy
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, hopefully all of you still have some patient to answer this again.

There is section in the rules (I forgot) that show if player able to rotate a tile that previously contact village in one side, to become two sides then the player gain only one action card. The logic is that the first section of the wall is not new/already had contact, while the addition lava flow is new. Am I correct until this point?

Then in our game we had 2 situations that become debatable:

1. One player has 2 lava flow (in one tile) contacted his village. He then rotate the tile in a way that now no lava flow contact his village. After his turn finish, the next player rotate the same tile into original position, which means 2 contact points. Does he draw action cards for this effort?

2. Similar with point 1, but now the tile was discarded with sinkhole actions. Unfortunately the next player able to put tile with same configuration which again create the 2 contact point. Does he entitled for the action cards?

In our game our conclusion is NO for point 1 since it only rotating and YES for point 2 since it new tile.

Please help with your though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. oeppel
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
omodo wrote:

There is section in the rules (I forgot) that show if player able to rotate a tile that previously contact village in one side, to become two sides then the player gain only one action card. The logic is that the first section of the wall is not new/already had contact, while the addition lava flow is new. Am I correct until this point?

Then in our game we had 2 situations that become debatable:

1. One player has 2 lava flow (in one tile) contacted his village. He then rotate the tile in a way that now no lava flow contact his village. After his turn finish, the next player rotate the same tile into original position, which means 2 contact points. Does he draw action cards for this effort?

2. Similar with point 1, but now the tile was discarded with sinkhole actions. Unfortunately the next player able to put tile with same configuration which again create the 2 contact point. Does he entitled for the action cards?

In our game our conclusion is NO for point 1 since it only rotating and YES for point 2 since it new tile.

Both answers are yes. See this thread for another answer on this.

You basically always draw a card whenever a lava flow hits the village in a new spot, where new means: there was no lava right before you or your opponent took action (e.g. by placing or rotating a lava tile).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignatius Jopy
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the advise!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.