Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Ridgeway
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
"Everyone's favorite part of playing Battleship is the alien robots. Hollywood knows this. Let's explore what other treasures viewing audiences might enjoy if they gave the big-budget "explosions and supermodel butt close-ups" treatment to Jenga, Chinese Checkers, and more.":

http://www.adultswim.com/blog/gobbledegook/if-battleship-mak...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember all of the jokes when some idiot decided to make a movie out of some stupid pirate ride at Disney, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be gob smaked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
I remember all of the jokes when some idiot decided to make a movie out of some stupid pirate ride at Disney, too.

Yes, but that is very much based on previous films.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Celebrity Twister has some possibilities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
General Norris
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
slatersteven wrote:
Geosphere wrote:

Yes, but that is very much based on Money Island, since the script for the animated adaptation was used as a basis for Pirates of the Caribbean.

Fixed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Kruczek
United Kingdom
Colchester
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
...SPECTRE's "Hollowed out volcano complete with Unspecified Doomsday Device" will be the fastest completed Kickstarter project ever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josiah Miller
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
General_Norris wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
Geosphere wrote:

Yes, but that is very much based on Money Monkey Island, since the script for the animated adaptation was used as a basis for Pirates of the Caribbean.

Fixed.

Double fixed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
General Norris
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
brotherjo wrote:
Double fixed.

My derp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doctor X

New York
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:

Resisting temptation to quote Mencken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Davis
United States
New Concord
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
I remember all of the jokes when some idiot decided to make a movie out of some stupid pirate ride at Disney, too. Johnny Depp prancing about and being entertaining.

FTFY again. Also, regarding the article - I love how often people make the "What's next? A Monopoly movie?" joke. None of them are brazen enough to suggest that Ridley Scott should direct, though....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victoria Osborne
United States
Grants Pass
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My impression is is that hollywood is catching on to some very important things in the post baby boomer era.

1. Nerds from gen x and younger are the only ones with money
2. nerds like to play games
3. they simply do not know WHAT games and are going on what is in the big stores.

hence battleship.
they are trying they just need to be nudged in teh right direction. The scyfy channel on the other hand seems to have a better finger on the pulse with the number of hp lovecraft stories turned movies and cheesy zombie movies...grins...
If they pay even the slightest bit of attention to wil wheaton they might start making movies about the right kind of games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.