dang le
United States
California
flag msg tools
If i'm baratheon do i need a ship in my port and my bay in order to get my units off of dragonstone? i was pretty sure that i can just have my ships in the bay and i can use that as a bridge for my units. However, my friend said that i need a ship in the port AND the bay in order to bridge my units out. Can somebody help clarify this for me?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hawaka Winada
United States
Stornhelm
Rivenspire
flag msg tools
badge
You are correct. Ports are just a safe place to build ships, they're not involved with troop transport.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
Moved to Game of Thrones - Rules

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Wignall
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
D-Rider wrote:
You are correct. Ports are just a safe place to build ships, they're not involved with troop transport.

Are you sure about this? As I recall, ports are adjacent to both the sea/bay and land units. The "bridge" of ships must all be adjacent to one another in order to allow for troop movement.

If what you are saying is true, why then does Greyjoy start with ships in the bay and in the port?

Mind you, I only have the 2nd edition, so perhaps the question is geared to 1st edition, in which case, disregard anything I've said

Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dezza
Australia
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Greyjoy starts with a ship in bay and port to slow them from dominating the Western coast early on.

Look at the example on page 23.
Not only does the port not have a ship in it, but the land area where the Tyrell footman is marching from doesn't even have a port.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David C.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dimzer wrote:
If what you are saying is true, why then does Greyjoy start with ships in the bay and in the port?

Except from slowing down your movement early on, it also keeps your army count low (if both ships were in the sea you would have a 2nd army already). Also the ship in port gives you a good way to get power in the first round (trading from ports).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heinrich Keller
Denmark
flag msg tools
When both ships were in the sea, they could immediately attack Lannisters fleet and take control of the golden sound. Now it at least requires Greyjoy to use both his march orders to do it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.