Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Stevenson
United States
Columbus
Ga
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
- The leader (if used) is eliminated after the suppression attempt, really? I thought Darth Vader was tougher than that.

- Do you have to use at least one repression marker if the sector is not adjacent to a Nexus?

- Does a Resistance result also increase the chaos index by the number of suppression markers used?

- Is usurper suppression effected by the usurper leader value?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
flag msg tools
1 Player hardcore
badge
Lone Warrior
mbmbmbmbmb
- These leaders are less like Darth Vader and more like the Imperial leader whom Darth Vader chokes with the Force.

-You must use at least one repression marker to suppress if the Chaos Marker is not adjacent to a Nexus marker. Additionally (see 24.2.b on page 19): To use a repression marker, you must also have at least one Imperial unit (any type) in the sector in which the Usurper, Independent Empire, Invader or Rebel event marker is to be placed in.

- I think resistance only results in the system flipping to its Chaos side. This results in an increase in the Chaos Index equal to twice the System Unit's value. (page 19, 24.3.c)

- Yes. Subtract the leader value of the Chaos Leader counter associated with the Usurper marker from the suppression die roll. See line 4 of the Die Roll Modifiers section of the Suppression Table on the game map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Stevenson
United States
Columbus
Ga
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
24.1 saids must have available or be adjacent to Nexus, To actually use you must have mobile units. This is a pretty critical point as there's no reason not to attempt to suppress every Usurper, Independent Empire, Invader or Rebel event if its free and there no posssibilty of CI increase.

I agree now, 24.3c is clear that only the system unit is flip. However there is no change in the CI because no combat was envolved (back page).

The example in the rules fails to use a leader value, but agree that is probably wrong and an oversight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
flag msg tools
1 Player hardcore
badge
Lone Warrior
mbmbmbmbmb
d10-1The wording on 24.1 is as follows (emphasis in bold italics is mine):

The Galactic Empire must have one or more Repression markers available, or there must be at least one Imperial Nexus marker in or adjacent to that sector.

This is worded as an or statement. You may use a Nexus marker to suppress without needing a Repression marker. Conversely, a Nexus marker is not required if you have at least one Repression marker available.

Further down, under 24.2.a:

In order to utilize Imperial Repression markers, you must have at least one Imperial unit (any type) in the sector in which the Usurper, Independent Empire, Invader, or Rebel event marker is to be placed in.

d10-2I think we're both in agreement that an Imperial unit must be present to utilize the Repression marker.

d10-3The Chaos Index is affected by Chaos Marker events. Read through these links to find where the designer has clarified this:

BGG reference to Consimworld post

Below is the Consimworld thread mentioned in the above BGG thread.

See post #250 on Consimworld Thread

That concept seems to have been completely left out of the rules and reference charts. I think you'll find the game far too easy if you don't raise the Chaos Index when you have Usurper, IE, Invader, and Rebel event markers.

d10-4I am applying the clarification by Joseph Miranda on Consimworld regarding the Chaos Index & event markers to system units flipping as a result of Repression attempts. This is not referenced anywhere that I can find, but it feels "in the spirit of the game" to me.

Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Pavitt
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I always play with chaos changes due to usurper, rebel etc flipping. It makes sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Stevenson
United States
Columbus
Ga
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.