Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Reigner
United States
Belchertown
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just noticed this was released, price is $4.99.

I'd link to the marketplace but I don't know how.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christos Kolokotronis
Greece
Athens
Attiki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/stat?uo=4&mt=8&at=10lazE

I hope this is ok!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa Rohs
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
If anyone buys this, let me know if it's worth the price, or if I should wait for the inevitable app sale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. M.
Netherlands
Rotterdam
flag msg tools
mb
Bought it and played a few games against the AI. I've never played the board game but imagine the computer's live updating of where one can place one's piece and the current score/influence represents a huge win in learning and enjoying this game. Looking forward to playing some more later today.

One small observation: I've installed the game both on my iPad and my iPhone and where the iPhone's UI seems well polished and efficient, the graphics and layout on the iPad seem clumsy, like an afterthought.

Not a deal breaker by any means but certainly a pity in that it may turn some people off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Reigner
United States
Belchertown
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
CaptainCosmic wrote:
riggy469 wrote:
I'd link to the marketplace but I don't know how.

On the left side, where it lists the price, that arrow is actually a pull-down menu. Among the choices is something along the lines of "copy link."

Good to know! Thanks for the info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dicky P
United Kingdom
West
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tazz wrote:
Must be an afterthought, even their screenshots on the app page only show the iPhone version.

Might be different on the US store, if that is where you are looking, but on the UK store both ipad and iphone screenshots are available by toggling between the iphone/ipad buttons just above the screenshots.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiger Wiccan
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mjrohs wrote:
If anyone buys this, let me know if it's worth the price, or if I should wait for the inevitable app sale.

I've never played the physical game, as I don't buy abstracts since I would never get my wife to play them, but this is the perfect type of game (for me, anyway) to come out on the iPhone.

The game itself is very engaging. The "influence" mechanic seems very simple on the surface, but it gives way to deep strategic and logical decisions. But it's also got that element of variety and surprise that all the great Euros have. You know WHAT is coming, but you just don't know when. Also, given that out of the nine pieces on each side, not all of them will be used in any one game (eight will be used in the standard length game and six in a short game)it keeps you guessing even more, which keeps you engaged in the moment until the very end. Also, the map tiles being randomly drawn adds another layer of variety, since the terrain layout plays integrally into the strategy of the game.

As for the iOS implementation, it is spot on in presentation, ease of play, and even teaching you the game. After the interactive tutorial, I was more than ready to start playing on my own. I even managed to beat the AI (on easy mode, lol), even though it was a very close game. That brings up another thing I enjoy about the game itself. It's one of those "not over 'til it's over" kind of games. The score goes back and forth each turn, but you don't feel like you are just on some yoyo ride with no rhyme or reason, since you can see each turn WHY the score is shifting to the winning player's favor. Lastly, the app does an excellent job of calculating the current score, and even shows you how each potential move will affect things while at the same time making it very easy to go back and try different moves before commiting to your choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Reigner
United States
Belchertown
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I bought it and really enjoy it. If anyone wants to play, please add me on Gamecenter. I'm on there as "Riggy". I also have a ton of other iOS board and card games, along with Disc Drivin and Hero Academy. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.