Garry Clarke
United Kingdom
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I'm about to play this for the first time with my game group, seeing as Sunday is Paris-Roubaix this seems like good timing.

But I was wondering how long it takes to play and how many tiles would be needed to play a good game lasting 2 hours or so?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like to know as well.
The box says 45min+ but I suppose it must be a short track if you can finish in 45min.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hiske
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would create about a 45 point energy course give or take five for your first play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I would imagine the total time to play would be more dependant on the number of players, rather than the length of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Clarke
United Kingdom
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There will be 4 of us.

So you you think about 5 tiles? Hmmm... Not as many as I thought, good job I checked first otherwise we'll be there all night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Stokes
Australia
BRIDGEWATER
South Australia
flag msg tools
We just unwrapped our box and played our first game. Our course was about eight hexes long (from memory), with a sum of 48 mile markers. Two of us playing for the first time (with occasional interruptions from small kids trying to eat the bicycles), took us about an hour and a half.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Clarke
United Kingdom
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We played it for the first time last night.

3 players with 3 riders each, 9 tiles. With a rules explanation at the begining (as no one had played before) it took 3 hours. I guess we could get that down to just over 2 hours now that we know what we're doing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like 5 tiles for the first game is a good idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Phythyon
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
We usually play 8-10 tiles, 4 players, .3 cyclists each. Due to the agressiveness of the our players it takes about 3 hours. I have often wondered if it is the most disciplined players that can get done in 45 min

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Three hours for one stage?
Hopefully you're not going to do the Tour de France?

And that is what's I think is wrong about this game.
It takes too long to finish a Tour.
That's why I like World Cycling Game better. Here we can play 3-5 stages on an evening depending on the length of the stages.
But surely the gameplay in Leader 1 has more depth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Phythyon
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Several people in our group like to attack from the start and try to stay away. It causes alot of counterattacking and people trying to make multiple attacks out of the peloton. The game is exciting playing this way but we have trouble completing stage races

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.