Popular Tags: [View All]
Jighm Brown
United States
Rossville
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question about removal of aging cards during a fight. If an aging card has a special ability on it (for example, -2 Life), does THAT special ability no longer apply when I destroy or exchange the aging card? In reading the rules, I didn't know whether the phrase "...the special ability is cancelled" referred to the ability of the aging card or the card trying to get rid of the aging card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes B.
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
badge
Honey?
mbmbmbmbmb
The effect/special ability of the aging card "-2 Life" will take place at the end of a fight (page 12 in German rules). So if you decide to destroy it, it will be turned over and loose all of it's effects, but still counts as a card with a value of 0. At the end of the fight it will be placed on the pile of destroyed cards and is not in game anymore. If you decide to exchange it, it will be layed on the discard pile immediately and a new card is drawn to replace it.
In both cases the effect/special ability "-2 Life" won't apply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Juhl
Denmark
Ørbæk
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
Jighm wrote:
I have a question about removal of aging cards during a fight. If an aging card has a special ability on it (for example, -2 Life), does THAT special ability no longer apply when I destroy or exchange the aging card? In reading the rules, I didn't know whether the phrase "...the special ability is cancelled" referred to the ability of the aging card or the card trying to get rid of the aging card.

The rules state that you lose lifepoints from aging-cards only when resolving the battle, hence no life lost if aging-card is destroyed/exchanged.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.