Popular Tags: [View All]
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if this is a repeat, but I couldn't find it in the rules or the forums and I'm currently blocked from WotC's FAQ. This came up in a session last night; a player who had completed the plot quest "Recover the Magister's Orb" (Once per round, you can assign an Agent to a space containing an opponent's Agent) placed an Agent on the Waterdeep Harbor #1 space (the Harbor was already full). In what order should his agent be reassigned?

As a stopgap measure, our group finally decided since he was the 4th person to play there, that he would reassign last. It didn't affect the final results as that player won any way, but we'd like to know for future reference, if any one out there can clarify. Thanks...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure it says in the clarifications at the back, or in the recent FAQ, that the order of reassignment is "just after the player who had played his agent there first". So basically, if you assign to the first spot of the Harbor, you reassign second, before whoever is in the second spot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rules page 22 wrote:
Recover the Magister’s Orb: When you assign an Agent to an occupied action space in Waterdeep Harbor, you reassign your Agent immediately after the opponent’s Agent in the shared space is reassigned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys, don't know how I missed that; my eyes aren't what they used to be...must be gettin' old...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Getting old is awesome. zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominik Kolenda
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's clear that you assign your agent just after the other player. My question is:

When I assign an agent to the full Waterdeep Harbour, can I assign it to the first place? My playmates told me that's considered as one building so I have to assign it to the third place=reassign last.

Could you confirm above question officialy, eg. answer from designers, etc.?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmb
No, I think you can put him in after the first one. That's how I have done it before. It is 3 action spaces, you get to choose which one to use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bret Woods
United States
New York
flag msg tools
I'd like to revive this thread, if I could. Yeah, I think this is a loop hole that I've noticed. At least, I can't find any specific rule that addresses this, so I hope there is an official ruling at some point.

Essentially the scenario is this:

All three action spaces in Waterdeep Harbor are already occupied by agents. One of the players has the "Recover the Magister's Orb" plot quest completed and face-up next to their player mat.

During their turn, that player assigns an agent to Waterdeep Harbor, but decides to place that agent at the front of action space #1, that is, before the agents that are already occupying the spaces. The idea here is that the player who has "Recover the Magister's Orb" in play can reassign their agent first at the end of the round.

In my game, I tend to see the three action spaces in Waterdeep Harbor as initiative markers of one building; that is, once agents occupy action points #1, #2, and #3, any additional agents due to the "Recover the Magister's Orb" plot quest should go in position #4. However, I've heard the interpretation also that the player assigning the additional agent can choose which space (1, 2, or 3) they want to double assign, and then they will go second in position after the agent already in place.

In any event, this is clearly a loop hole and if anyone knows if and where this has been officially addressed, I would be grateful for the input. Also, if anyone else has any comments, please share them. Lords of Waterdeep is a great game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Drazen
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Given the lack of a position #4, I would think that they double occupy at the #1, #2, or #3 space, but the person who claimed that space has first chance to reassign. That's how I was taught, anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmb
I think the rule as quoted above by downeymb is pretty clear on this.

downeymb wrote:
rules page 22 wrote:
Recover the Magister’s Orb: When you assign an Agent to an occupied action space in Waterdeep Harbor, you reassign your Agent immediately after the opponent’s Agent in the shared space is reassigned.

So no, you cannot go first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Right. You are either 1.5, 2.5, or 3.5, depending on which spot your orbed agent shares.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Felder
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes, any of the three. The Quest defines it that way. You assign your agent to any space of your opponent's agent. It doesn't say building, just space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.