Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Santiago Torres
Spain
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi all,

Just started to read instructions for playing my first game, got some noob questions...

a) A hero can only use cards that match his/her own sphere, right? So, if I pay resources for an attachment and want to transfer it to another player, it can only be transferred to one of his/her heroes that matches that sphere as well, correct?

b) Can an attachment be played on an ally?

I am sure more questions will come up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duke Of Lizards
United States
Montpelier
Vermont
flag msg tools
Livin's mostly wasting time, and I waste my share of mine
badge
I am a breathing time machine
mbmbmbmbmb
daedel wrote:
Hi all,

Just started to read instructions for playing my first game, got some noob questions...

a) A hero can only use cards that match his/her own sphere, right? So, if I pay resources for an attachment and want to transfer it to another player, it can only be transferred to one of his/her heroes that matches that sphere as well, correct?

I am sure more questions will come up!

a) no - unless the attachment's text specifies a sphere, it doesn't matter.

b) IIRC, every attachment specifies its own rules (e.g., "Attach to a hero" or "Attach to a character")

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
This is a rebellion, isn't it? I rebel.
badge
He's a card player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd like him.
mbmbmbmbmb
daedel wrote:

No, you just have to pay for cards with the matching color resources. Then the attachments can be played on any character (yours or a teammates) of any sphere, as long as the card text allows.

daedel wrote:

Yes, if the card text allows it. Some attachments say 'attach to a hero', so in that case, no. But there are a few that say 'attach to a character', like Self Preservation.

Only a Hero card is a 'Hero' and only an Ally card is an 'Ally', but all Heroes and Allies are 'characters'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santiago Torres
Spain
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ok...so let's see if i get it right...the type of sphere only matters when playing the card...once played, it can be assigned (if it's an attachment) to any character (including allies) if the text rules of the card allow it...right?

I suppose it's the same for events...they have to be brought to play by someone that matches its sphere, but once in play it can affect anybody...correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes and Yes (although events are never actually in play)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Coon
United States
Redwood City
California
flag msg tools
By the way, and this one drives me crazy, Neutral is NOT a sphere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.