Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd Gardiner
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Through smart bidding, the power of the storage house and good timing for the card drops, I managed to win a game last night without ever getting an additional worker.

At the end of the game I had Advanced mining with two people on it and Farming with one. The rest of my production came from two Glass-makers at base cost and ships (plus the production on Smelters and some other card). Discounts from Shipyards were crucial and used four times, saving me lots of money. My production was not the greatest in the game, but I held onto cards in the penultimate round and came into the finale with a complete full hand and storage rack.

In fact, my three worker tableau was the only one to sneak over the finish line with the overlord and "production king" only hitting 34 in the last turn.

Have others tried the worker-less strategy and had success?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Olcese
Argentina
Córdoba
Córdoba
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How many players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It all depends. How many players? Tracker, Caravan and Ships are pretty good ones . Even getting Dyehouse for the production(and negating others from getting it) works. Granary is a powerful card if you constantly change coins into cards. I haven't really paid that much attention if somebody has ever won without getting workers but I believe there is at least one or two occasions in twelve plays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Delano
United States
Stamford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Winning without extra workers isn't that uncommon but is fun. What's trickier is winning with minimal storage. I've managed wins with 4 storage at the end a couple of times and I think even 3 once, but those were two player games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
Plaatsvervangende Schaamte
badge
mbmbmb
It is bad enough to lose the game, but to have to read about it on the 'geek the next morning...

shake

There were five of us, Grantor and myself the only people to have played it on another occasion.

Lesson I learned: Always check your own production. Never have someone move that chit!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.