Steve Fraser
United States
Melissa
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thirty years ago the armed forces of the United Kingdom and Argentina went to war to contest ownership of a few small islands lost in the vastness of the South Atlantic Ocean. I invite you to participate in the third annual real time game of Where There Is Discord to reimagine this historic war.

I will create a list for each of the 28 days in May the game covers for each participant to post your games events each day. This year I am planning to follow the same format as last year. See here:
Let us Bring Harmony, Second Annual
I have a spreadsheet that generates most of the output for each day so it is fairly easy to create.

If you have suggestions about changes you would like to see, let me know.
I should be posting the game around the 15th to let those who are busy in May to play the game ahead of time and post on the their results day by day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Quinn
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Count me in again! No suggested changes from last year. Except that I do better this time...

Todd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Smit
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually hope to participate this year!
Hmm, now to pick a Task Force name...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt R
United States
DFW
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I completely missed the second annual event due to an insane work schedule cry but I may be able to make this one. At the very least, I'm glad to see this becoming an actual annual event and I'll follow the different task forces' progress even if I end up not being able to run my own little recreation/simulation again this year.

The first year's event was a blast and anyone who has this game I highly encourage to take part in this if possible.

Thanks for running this and I'll let you know if Task Force Endurance (the TF name I used in the 2010 event) will set sail to the Falklands this year (if work lets up)!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Fraser
United States
Melissa
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game has been submitted here:
Let Us bring Harmony

If you play it early let me know if there are errors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Smit
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Islander's Referendum has spoken: we'll have to do this again this year.

Steve, do you have the time? If not, I'll make the time for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Palmer
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to participate but I don't have the game as of yet. I have it on promise/preorder with Noble Knight. I have no idea if the game will be reprinted and shipped before this gets underway.

Does anyone have a ballpark ETA for the 3rd printing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Fraser
United States
Melissa
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do have time this year to post the scenario again this year. After the last few years of the Argentine Air forces under-performing are we are due for rough time this year, or we our luck holds out again?

I have been getting a pretty bad itch to play with the Falklands in the news.

I will post the announcement in the next couple of days. Maybe if the 3rd edition is delivered by then we will have a bunch more people join us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Smit
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Heck, to give them time you could post on April 2nd, for the game to start May 1st. Pretty thematic, I'd think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Fraser
United States
Melissa
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
April 2 is a good idea. Very thematic indeed. Will try for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.