Subject: Would get it, but shipping costs as much as the game. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Went to the website, and the game costs $14.

And so does shipping. Total costs (with change) is about $29.

Want to buy the game, but transportation seems to be an issue, unfortunately. Too bad. Looks good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
So let's assume that the pre-orders and kickstarter get it self-published - what then are the chances of someone picking it up for publishing / distribution? That should keep costs down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I'm Gonna Wreck It!
United States
Spring Valley
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking the same exact thing. When I saw the cost of shipping, all I could think was, "Well that's not happening." Stinks too, been following this game for awhile now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MAGE Company
msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The games are shipped from Bulgaria. The same happens when i order a game from US to Bulgaria. For example, i had ordered Small World and i found 3 different prices between 40-60$ for the Ship Fees.

I can't tell for now, but if we have a certain number from US who want to buy the game we can send them via a local distributor. This should be better in order to save some money. This is something i know after the Kickstarter campaign ends.

!!!Good news, the problems we had with the webstore finally are done. You can re-check the post prices for several countries. I believe now are ok.
I suggest you to wait till the KickStarter Campaign (few days left laugh and choose the best), cause there will be more options to collect more prizes and in better price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I'm Gonna Wreck It!
United States
Spring Valley
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
exa1zar2ius3 wrote:
The games are shipped from Bulgaria. The same happens when i order a game from US to Bulgaria. For example, i had ordered Small World and i found 3 different prices between 40-60$ for the Ship Fees.

I can't tell for now, but if we have a certain number from US who want to buy the game we can send them via a local distributor. This should be better in order to save some money. This is something i know after the Kickstarter campaign ends.

!!!Good news, the problems we had with the webstore finally are done. You can re-check the post prices for several countries. I believe now are ok.
I suggest you to wait till the KickStarter Campaign (few days left laugh and choose the best), cause there will be more options to collect more prizes and in better price.

So checked the website. $12 still isn't great, but knowing it's coming from Bulgaria somehow justifies the economic value in my mind and I have resolutely decided to invest in it. My one question though is when will it actually be released? I can't seem to find any details on that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MAGE Company
msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Delivery of the game will come around in the end of August. We prepare the relative informations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I'm Gonna Wreck It!
United States
Spring Valley
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you both for posting the the information. I just got the e-mail today as well. I'm really looking forward to its release. Now I just have to wait a few more months...feels like the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim release all over again. cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan D
United Kingdom
Brislington
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love someone in the US complaining about postage.

Postage to the US on kickstarter is nearly always free.. to Europe is almost always $20 minimum... and i always get crucified for questioning that by those US kickstarter users.

I support games that i like and that have a fair postage cost like Farmageddon did ($5 international)

This one should be fine for postage within Europe.. so wahoo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Jetpac wrote:
I love someone in the US complaining about postage.

Postage to the US on kickstarter is nearly always free.. to Europe is almost always $20 minimum... and i always get crucified for questioning that by those US kickstarter users.

I support games that i like and that have a fair postage cost like Farmageddon did ($5 international)

This one should be fine for postage within Europe.. so wahoo

This is exactly what I thought of when I saw the OP. Too many times US geeks (a minority, granted) tell the Europeans to stop whinging about the international postage costs when we have our little moan... the boot is on the other foot now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Cheng Meister
Australia
Maylands
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In Australia, we get the worst of it, both from EU and US! Still happy to sponsor awesome games and get the freebies too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Roberts
United Kingdom
Southport
Merseyside
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
An interesting debate, but I'd just like to point out that the website is quoting me the same amount of postage to UK that the OP thought was too high for USA. Think I'll pass for now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MAGE Company
msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there, i think i understand you. Don't worry though, the game will be available from October as we know from Spiral Galaxy Games. We will announce the available stores soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.