Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Formula D» Forums » Rules

Subject: [Solved] Quick Pit Stop, advanced rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Page 8 of Advanced Rules booklet says tha if you roll a 1 through 10 on the black die, you get a quick pit stop. "The player divides the number shown on the black die by two. The result is the number of spaces the car is allowed to move when the car leaves the pit in 4th gear."

Does this mean that the most movement you can get leaving the pit is 5 (10 divided by 2)? If the driver is in 4th gear, doesn't this mean that he rolls the green die for a possible movement of 7 to 12?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niels K.
Belgium
Limburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Quick Pit Stop, advanced rules
spygame wrote:
Page 8 of Advanced Rules booklet says tha if you roll a 1 through 10 on the black die, you get a quick pit stop. "The player divides the number shown on the black die by two. The result is the number of spaces the car is allowed to move when the car leaves the pit in 4th gear."

Does this mean that the most movement you can get leaving the pit is 5 (10 divided by 2)? If the driver is in 4th gear, doesn't this mean that he rolls the green die for a possible movement of 7 to 12?

A quick pitstop: your crew was fast and you will immediately leave your pit the same turn. That's why you have to devide the number on the black die, that's the amount you'll move out of your pit. Next round you may shift up to 5th gear if you want.

A slow pitstop: your crew was slow and your car will remain in the pit until the next round. Next round you have to leave the pit in 4th gear or less, you may not shift up to 5th gear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niels Kjær
Denmark
Malling
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You have already used your 4th gear roll to get into the pits, what the succesfull quick pit stop does it to put you out in the pitlane (or beyond) in the same turn, so you can consider it a kind of boost.

When you succeed doing this while battling for positions with other drivers, you will have fun - trust me devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thanks
Thanks, Niels and abyad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abyad wrote:

A quick pitstop: your crew was fast and you will immediately leave your pit the same turn. That's why you have to devide the number on the black die, that's the amount you'll move out of your pit. Next round you may shift up to 5th gear if you want.

Could anybody else confirm that in a quick pitstop, the driver can shift up to 5th gear? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spygame wrote:
Abyad wrote:

Could anybody else confirm that in a quick pitstop, the driver can shift up to 5th gear? Thanks.

On the NEXT turn, yes. He starts his turn in 4th, and can shift up to 5th, just like on any other normal turn. Why shouldn't that be allowed? You exited the pit last turn, so the "4th or less" limit isn't there anymore. (As long as you're not playing with house rules of pit lane speed limits or anything)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Gillman
England
flag msg tools
mb
In my games we add the result of the quick pit onto the beginning of the players next turn.
The reason for this is that I was once playing a game where the guy in front did not pit.
I blazed into the pit lane, got a quick pit and managed to get out ahead of him.
Then on my next go I managed to get into the first square of the next corner. On his go, my car prevented him from making the corner.

We felt that not only was this unfair, but that there should never be a circumstance where it is quicker to pit than it is to not pit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Pethybridge
Australia
flag msg tools
MrMorraine wrote:
In my games we add the result of the quick pit onto the beginning of the players next turn.
The reason for this is that I was once playing a game where the guy in front did not pit.
I blazed into the pit lane, got a quick pit and managed to get out ahead of him.
Then on my next go I managed to get into the first square of the next corner. On his go, my car prevented him from making the corner.

We felt that not only was this unfair, but that there should never be a circumstance where it is quicker to pit than it is to not pit.

I had the same thing happen in a game recently, and we all agreed that it was ridiculous to be faster through the pits than on the track.

We are considering your suggestion and maybe try adding that you leave in 3rd gear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff B
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We use a house rule where we stop in the pits and replace tires and fuel on the first turn. We do not check for a quick stop until the second turn. Either way, when it's time to move, it's done in third gear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Gillman
England
flag msg tools
mb
In addition to what I posted above, we also consider any car that does not pit and has gone past the pit entrance, to be ahead of ANY car in the pit, no matter what pit they are using.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.