Subject: Mercury question on impulse order and artillery order rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Norman Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael, playing MERCURY tonight and just wantto make sure I have 2 points correct.

A) Rule 12.5.3. says Allies always place artillery first. But next sentence says if Germans have placed an art marker in a hex the allies cannot place in the same hex ..... but if allies place first, how could that happen, have I missed the point?

B)I am looking at rule 4.1.1 for BOTH games. In the original rules both rules are identical and clear in meaning. in the living rules Arnhem replicates this but Mercury appears to have gone back to a shorter vesion that implies that in Mercury the player could either move / fight with everything or fight / move.

Is the briefer rule at 4.1.1. in Mercury living rules a replacement rule or is that an admin error?

have posted same question in the folder at CSW - thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rinella
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I looked into this and found the answers.

Regarding (A), it appears I cut and pasted rule 12.5.3 from the Market-Garden game to the Mecury rulebook when I was first writing it and failed to completely adjust it. The sentence should read "The German player always places his artillery support first." I've fixed that now in the living rules.

Regarding (B) I don't have the files Worthington used to publish the rules, only my original prototype rules. I thought I had updated everything in both sets of living rules but I missed rule 4.1.1 in the Mercury game. I've fixed that too. Both will be uploaded to consimworld in a few minutes.

Michael Rinella
Designer, Mercury/Market-Garden
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.