Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Franka
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I totally missed the first run of this. I think it came out at the time where I was taking a personal hiatus from board games. But I started looking around for a copy recently and found that most of the major retailers don't have it in stock. I emailed Rio Grande Games and found out that a reprint is indeed coming, just in case anyone is also looking for a copy.

Quote:
>I am looking for Power Grid Russia/Japan but it seems to be out of stock locally and online. Are you planning on printing more or is the print run for this finished for good?

Yes, in 2-3 months we will have more. Thanks

Jay
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriele Pezzato
Italy
Padova
PD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully the map of Russia will be corrected with the missing connection for the reprint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henning Kröpke
Germany
Ascheberg
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Only the first print run accidentally had this mistake.

We already updated the maps back in 2011 for a reprint of other languages, but as this is the first English edition reprint, you will now get the correct connections printed on the Russian map.

Have fun playing this expansion,

Henning
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriele Pezzato
Italy
Padova
PD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Henning wrote:
Only the first print run accidentally had this mistake.

We already updated the maps back in 2011 for a reprint of other languages, but as this is the first English edition reprint, you will now get the correct connections printed on the Russian map.

Have fun playing this expansion,

Henning

So, which edition in which language should I buy to be 100% sure it has the updated map? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Asher
United States
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE
California
flag msg tools
badge
WACKY WAVING INFLATABLE ARM FLAILING TUBE MAN!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
GabrielGeek wrote:
So, which edition in which language should I buy to be 100% sure it has the updated map? whistle

All of them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriele Pezzato
Italy
Padova
PD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Henning kindly answered my question via pm:

Quote:
The corrected editions with the connection costs on the Russia map are now available in English, German, French, Dutch and Chinese.

To be sure, you need to check for the (c) 2011 or 2012 on the front cover. All maps having only the (c) 2010 on the cover have the missing cost.

Henning

For those interested, I finally bought a German copy from Amazon.de. Although it bears (c) 2010 on the cover, it actually is the corrected reprint (inside the rule-sheet the copyright is 2010, 2011). Now I am a happier person
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, my FLGS says they got a copy in the other day. When I asked them if it's the latest printing, they weren't sure.

Is there a way to tell which printing the US edition is without opening it up and looking at the map, seeing as how the previous poster got a map with (c)2010 on it but with the corrections?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tennberg wrote:
So, my FLGS says they got a copy in the other day. When I asked them if it's the latest printing, they weren't sure.

Is there a way to tell which printing the US edition is without opening it up and looking at the map, seeing as how the previous poster got a map with (c)2010 on it but with the corrections?

So, I picked up my copy at my FLGS today. First, the rules insert says (c) 2010/2012 on it. Second, the rules insert is in color (as opposed to the usual grayscale). Third, as the map is wrapped in clear plastic and the rules insert wasn't covering Moscow, I could see that the Moscow - Yaroslavl connection cost is 3.

Hope that helps US buyers trying to determine if they're purchasing the latest reprint or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.