Subject: In anitcipation of a first play... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Slater
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Once you have played a shadow cabinet member to a region, does the Coalition option persist from round to round?

Can you swap a party platform that has a doubler on it?

Do Media marker get added to the national board once per square, or do all media markers from the round get added to the same spot?

are there any cards on the exchange to start with? are you able to swap if none exist there? do discards go to this exchange, or are they removed from the game?

I think that's it for now. I am SUPER excited to try this game out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul M
United States
Elkhart
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Once you have played a shadow cabinet member to a region, does the Coalition option persist from round to round?

Coalition markers STAY until the election takes place. You make coalitions in a region at the beginning of the turn during which that election will take place.

Quote:
Can you swap a party platform that has a doubler on it?

Nope. Doublers are powerful, because the issue can't be changed until the doubler is gone, and that can only be done with a shadow cabinet member. I have rarely seen somebody use a shadow cabinet member to remove a doubler.

Quote:
Do Media marker get added to the national board once per square, or do all media markers from the round get added to the same spot?

Election results determine which media markers get moved from the current election to the national board. The rest go back to the players. Almost all turns will see somebody's media marker moving to the national board, but it's possible for a space to be empty.

Quote:
Are there any cards on the exchange to start with? are you able to swap if none exist there? do discards go to this exchange, or are they removed from the game?

I think the game starts with 4 cards on the exchange, and there will always be cards on the exchange. The rest of your questions depend on the ruleset you are using.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I like board games more than most people.
United States
Northlake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
When I die I want people to look at the condition of my games and say, "Man, he really played these alot."
mbmbmb
ipgyst wrote:
Quote:

Coalition markers STAY until the election takes place. You make coalitions in a region at the beginning of the turn during which that election will take place.

Yes. This is one mistake we made and it makes a difference. You need to place your coalition markers carefully.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Slater
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the feedback -

Something else I wondered -

Forming coalitions - if you have a coalition marker down, and match three issues with someone else and they DON'T have a coalition marker, can you force a coalition with them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens KH
Germany
Karben
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ninthcircle wrote:
Forming coalitions - if you have a coalition marker down, and match three issues with someone else and they DON'T have a coalition marker, can you force a coalition with them?

No. Coalitions - whether forced or not - can only be formed by parties with coalition markers in the region.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Slater
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is placing the tile a 'you may' or 'you must' sort of action? like - I want to send my boss shadow cabinet guy to that juicy region, but I don't want people stealing my thunder...

My guess is you may not want to, but you must - but I am also not sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bachman
United States
Colonie
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ninthcircle wrote:
Is placing the tile a 'you may' or 'you must' sort of action? like - I want to send my boss shadow cabinet guy to that juicy region, but I don't want people stealing my thunder...

My guess is you may not want to, but you must - but I am also not sure.

Yes, you must.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Shaffer
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ninthcircle wrote:
I want to send my boss shadow cabinet guy to that juicy region, but I don't want people stealing my thunder...

If it is a juicy region, a coalition will be required to win it. Don't think of it as "stealing your thunder," instead, think of it as "sharing a chance at the victory."

With the exception of the final regions, high scoring regions are almost always won by a coalition. Standalone players shouldn't be able to win them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Shaffer
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ninthcircle wrote:

The seven spaces match the seven regions. If there is a sole winner, move one media marker to the space. If there is a coalition winner, move two media markers to the space. In the event one of the winning player(s) doesn't have a media marker in the region, the move to the national board is forfeit. If this happens, it's possible the space will be empty. It will remain that way - the next region's media markers go to the next space.

Hope this helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.