Ian Noble
United States
El Dorado Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Link for Android users:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fantasyfli...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiger Wiccan
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How much is the Cthulhu iap?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Reigner
United States
Belchertown
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
$2.99 on iOS, I would guess the same for android.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David F
United States
Asheville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
CaptainCosmic wrote:
And I hope you're not too attached to your high scores, because they're going to get erased.

Sigh. Seriously, FFG, ever heard of server-side storage? Or just use GameCenter, for the love of Cthulhu.

Agreed - I was kinda miffed to see my scores get erased. This is a fun little game, and I think having a centralized GameCenter leaderboard would give it even more legs.

C'mon guys - you've clearly put a lot of work into creating a nice app, what's so hard about dropping in some basic GC leaderboard functionality?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Considering one of the main complaints about this game is how the scores are so meaningless and the way they're calculated is totally wrong (winning quickly and decisively scores lower than barely winning/almost losing), why are we complaining that the scores are being reset?

Anyway, downloading now... And hooray, I've got the day off tomorrow for Good Friday so I foresee taking down a lot of GOO's in the near future
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Maggi
Italy
Rome
Rome
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just updated and bought the expansion for Android... but it's not working properly here.
Once I opened the updated game the first time, I went to the "options" and it connected to the online store (the FFG one I suppose) and showed me this button with the possibility to purchase the expansion. I pressed it, and after some loading the market opened up and it let me complete my purchase.

Then, I opened the game again, went to the options again, it connected to the online store, and the button was still there: the game thinks I've not bought the DLC! So I tried to purchase it again, and after some thinking it opens up the market again and tells me there's an error and the product will be delivered soon. The market closes, and Elder Signs opens up again. This time, going to the options and letting him think again the buttons is finally "saturated" and shows that I have the expansion and that I can play the extra campaign.

Well, cool and great I suppose! Too bad that when I closed the game and reopened it the same happened again!
There's evidently some kind of bug, or maybe it's some kind of problem with my phone (Samsung Galaxy S). Has anyone else experienced it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Evans
Wales
Rhondda
Mid Glamorgan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I updated my version and grabbed the DLC. Just go to start game and it should give you a choice of Old Ones, pick Cthulhu, that's the DLC.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Maggi
Italy
Rome
Rome
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jester Wales wrote:
I updated my version and grabbed the DLC. Just go to start game and it should give you a choice of Old Ones, pick Cthulhu, that's the DLC.

I know it, I've played it after doing the purchase-again trick, the problem is that every time I start the game I have to try to purchase it again to make it work, otherwise it doesn't recognize I have the expansion (the expansion appears grey in the list, Cthulhu and the additional investigators remain locked, etc...).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Maggi
Italy
Rome
Rome
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, that was quick: there's a new update on the Market with a specific fix for my problem (as well as other issues with Samsung devices). Downloading it right now, hope it solves all the problems. ninja

EDIT: everything seems solved, and the expansion seems to work as it should now. That's a quick fix! cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ianoble wrote:

Thanks for posting this. As usual, we saw a post in the News section when the iOS update came out, with nothing posted for the Android version.

Downloaded today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmb
Just updated last night. Kinda disappointing that you need to beat Azathoth or whatever his name is to get the new people, since he's the guy we've been playing all along, so I wanted to try out Yig.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
dboeren wrote:
Considering one of the main complaints about this game is how the scores are so meaningless and the way they're calculated is totally wrong (winning quickly and decisively scores lower than barely winning/almost losing), why are we complaining that the scores are being reset?

+1

The scoring system is indeed absolutely meaningless, and I'm disappointed that it wasn't overhauled, or removed and replaced with a straight up stats system (games won/lost, etc.).

But the Cthulhu campaign is terrific. A great addition to the game and also very very challenging. I've won once out of about 10 tries, and that victory was with a 1 in 6 shot on the last possible glyph coming up Peril.

The new investigators are great to have, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Angel Cuasante
Spain
Las Rozas
Madrid
flag msg tools
Please, anybody knows which are the new 5 characters?
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
ekram44 wrote:
Please, anybody knows which are the new 5 characters?
Thanks!

Marie, Mark, Leo, Diana, Wilson and Rita. Rita and Leo need to be unlocked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Woodward
United States
Bowling Green
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just followed the link for Android, and the site stated that the app was not compatible with my phone. I have an LG Optimus 2. I am very new to smartphones, and I realize that this is considered a "beginner" smartphone. Is this common with starter phones? Is there a good chance that my phone will be supported in the future? Thanks for the help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't downloaded the new Cthluhu campaign yet, but Yig is super easy. The normal Azathoth campaign is already kind of easy in my mind, but Yig seems to just roll over and die on his own. It was worth playing once, but I doubt I'd ever play it again unless I'm teaching the game to a child/non-gamer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
badge
♫ As the masters rot on walls ♫ And the angels eat their grapes ♫ I watched Picasso Visit The Planet Of The Apes ♫
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't understand how to update my Elder Sign Omens for my MacBook Pro.
I see these available for three bucks each, but don't understand how to purchase them:

The Call of Cthulhu
The Trail of Ithaqua
The Dark Pharaoh

Are they even available for my device?
Thanks for any help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.