Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Lageri
Denmark
Søndersø
Fyn
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Some routes are missiong when comparing to the board game. Warburg - Gottingen, Emden - Stade.

and there is a mysterious 1 in the first office of Warburg........

Am I just nitpicking or?

Best Regards
Peter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Lageri
Denmark
Søndersø
Fyn
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
or maybe thats the 3 player side I see........ Hmmm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Lageri
Denmark
Søndersø
Fyn
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Well. I've prepared for a standard 3-5 player game and on working days I'm usually available for play around 20:15 to 22:30 (GMT+1)

Best Regards
Peter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Tobias
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Mike Tobias wrote:
I've joined three games, looking forward to playing
But over a month later, none has even started. Is there any way to quit a game, or a time limit for a game to start?

I have joined and completed another game in the meantime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
xiaoyue xu
msg tools
Thanks for making this website available.
But it seems there is bug. I have used first action to push one trader of another player, then my turn is end. But I suppose I still have second action to do. right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Tobias
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
xuxiaoyue wrote:
Thanks for making this website available.
But it seems there is bug. I have used first action to push one trader of another player, then my turn is end. But I suppose I still have second action to do. right?
The other player has to place the piece you pushed, and his extra one, then you'll get your second turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
xiaoyue xu
msg tools
Thanks! I got it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Lageri
Denmark
Søndersø
Fyn
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Apparently "Move" action doesn't work at the moment. Can you confirm?

Best Regards
Peter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Fast
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Move has always worked for me, though it can be finicky. When I've had problems I have simply closed the tab and reconnected to the game. That has usually fixed it.

Some things are quirky though and don't quite follow the rules (at least as I understand them). For example, when you complete a route with a bonus marker you should be able to establish an office in one of the end cities and take a bonus marker. The current implementation only allows one of these, which can have a substantial impact on strategy. NOTE: I think that's right. I could be wrong about that. I am probably wrong. But the general point is true: there are a few quirks to the interface and, if memory serves, a few of the rules are not implemented correctly. Please feel free to correct me on these though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Junkie
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I haven't seen any of those bugs in my previous games.

However, I have experienced the following a few times: when you establish a second office in a city, any points from completing routes involving that city are awarded to the owner of the first office.

In this game, for example, Minden is controlled by Purple, but when establishing an office in Muenster, the prestige point is won by Red instead of Purple.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoltan Szugyi
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
mb
Move is finicky. In particular, I'm pretty sure it doesn't work in most mobile browsers.

For your example, I am pretty sure you get the bonus on the route no matter what you do when completing the route (unless there's a but I'm not aware of).
What you can't do is increase a skill and establish an office, for example.
Edit: this was meant as a response to Karl's comment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoltan Szugyi
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
mb
Canales wrote:
I haven't seen any of those bugs in my previous games.

However, I have experienced the following a few times: when you establish a second office in a city, any points from completing routes involving that city are awarded to the owner of the first office.

In this game, for example, Minden is controlled by Purple, but when establishing an office in Muenster, the prestige point is won by Red instead of Purple.

My understanding of the rules is that _when_ you're completing a route to establish an office, the prestige for completing a route are awarded to the player currently controlling the office, not the one who will be controlling the office after the new office is established. This is similar to the player not getting prestige for when the first office is established in a city.
(Note: I haven't looked at the linked game, so it's possible I'm misinterpreting the exact situation)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Fast
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I experienced a bug today. I think. This was on the east expansion map.

I triggered the end game by claiming a route. I got a point for controlling a city at one end, which moved me to 20 points and triggered endgame scoring. An opponent controlled the other end and also got a point, which moved him to 19 points. I also claimed the office in the city that my opponent controlled, Wismar, which gave me control of that city.

We tied for the win, 51-51. However, the final tally gave my opponent 2 points for controlling Wismar. He did control it, until I claimed the final route and triggered the endgame. That should have given me control of Wismar and but I didn't get any points. I believe it should have finished 53-49.

I don't say this to complain. I merely say this as an example of how there are small bugs like this in the implementation.

Note: I might be wrong about the rule interpretation here. I've always played that you if you trigger the endgame by completing your action. The action here was complete a route which includes: cities at end of the route score points, claim any bonus marker on the route, and also claim an office. The game did ask me to claim an office. But I didn't get points. Am I wrong? As soon as I claim the route, and any points are scored, does that trigger the endgame without claiming an office? If so then the implementation is correct and it was 51-51.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Junkie
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mb
zszugyi wrote:
My understanding of the rules is that _when_ you're completing a route to establish an office, the prestige for completing a route are awarded to the player currently controlling the office, not the one who will be controlling the office after the new office is established. This is similar to the player not getting prestige for when the first office is established in a city.

Your understanding of the rule is perfect. The bug I refer to is when completing the route later on, after a second office has been established.

Example:

A --- A

B establishes an office in one of A's controlled cities. A gets 2 points, but now B controls one of the cities, like this:

A --- AB

The bug I am talking about is that despite B controlling one of the cities, when someone completes the route between these two cities, A receives 2 points and B gets 0 points. According to the rules, each player receives 1 point.

In the linked game above, this happens with two different cities (look for comments in ALL CAPS in the game log to see the cities concerned).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoltan Szugyi
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks! It should be fixed now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoltan Szugyi
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
mb
It seems like it's a bug, but I haven't read the rules for a while. I'll have to take a look.
Edit: this was a reply to Karl's bug about the game end trigger above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoltan Szugyi
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
mb
I have briefly looked into implementing the Britain map(s), but found the official rule book pretty confusing. Is there a good, clear summary of the rules changes available anywhere?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Tobias
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Zoltan, could you remove my games please (Bubemagnet). I joined three games four months ago and none has started yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clovis chan
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmb
Is there any way to see what others have unlocked, or how many bonus markers they have gotten?

edit: just realised you can click to the left that orange tab...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoltan Szugyi
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
mb
Usability is not my strong suit
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clovis chan
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmb
It's ok. I found out how after a player in my room taught me how to. Btw is there anyway to play with all robots? The downtime to playing with real opponents kills me sometimes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoltan Szugyi
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
mb
The only way to play with robots right now if you create multiple accounts and join them to a game and then only play with one of your accounts. The initial wait will still be there though. The robots are currently pretty dumb, so there's probably not much challenge in beating them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kissell
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zszugyi wrote:
Move is finicky. In particular, I'm pretty sure it doesn't work in most mobile browsers.

For your example, I am pretty sure you get the bonus on the route no matter what you do when completing the route (unless there's a but I'm not aware of).

Can anyone tell me how to click to try a move action. Nothing I try works, and I am not sure if I am doing something wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Petr
United States
Lee's Summit
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KissellMissile wrote:
zszugyi wrote:

Can anyone tell me how to click to try a move action. Nothing I try works, and I am not sure if I am doing something wrong.

Click on the piece you want to move and drag it to where you want it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   |