SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The continuing woes in the euro zone have pushed the Euro down against the GBP and USD. Currently £1 gets you €1.21 (in theory), which is the best rate I've seen for years. Those of you wanting to go to Essen may wish to consider buying Euros now, or soon, before it improves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rate usually tanks in early October, just at the point when I think about getting my Euros

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
いい竹やぶだ!

South Euclid
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmb
€1 at US$1.31? Where was this when we went to Germany last spring? shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
robigo wrote:
€1 at US$1.31? Where was this when we went to Germany last spring? shake
If you had swapped your dollars for gold a few years ago your euros would had been relatively cheap (against the dollar value the gold had in the first place, against the gold time will tell whatever the euro was the better bet.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Clarke
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
www.unhalfbricking.com
badge
EuroGamer since 1980, & online games retailer since 2003
mbmbmbmbmb
It is about 2% worse for the A$ than it was in February, but I didn't get round to it. Ah well, I'll keep an eye on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trond Åge Låstad
Norway
Bergen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's true the Euro is quite weak at the moment, but trying to predict what it will be like in october is pretty much impossible. It might grow stronger, but then again it might collapse. As with any investment speculation, you may win and you may loose. Personally I'm not getting euros untill I go to Essen. Not because I think it will be cheaper then, but because I don't want to tie up my money on a gamble, that probably won't gain me all that much.

All currency investement is just like the stockmarked, a calculated gamble, but if you feel very certain the Euro will increase a lot from todays value in half a year it's a great investement oportunety. Personaly I think the Euro is potentialy far to volatile with the current financial crisis, and possible economic collapse of several countries in the Euro-region.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.