Antigonus Monophthalmus
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If they only served a partial sentence, are they restricted likewise? For example, if I am accused of stealing $4.5 billion worth of music, but can only pay the music industry $30,000 before I am found to be innocent, instead of getting the money back can I steal the two songs I paid for?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the idea in the OP is patently stupid, I'll stoop to pointing out that in our criminal justice system people aren't found innocent -- only "not guilty".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antigonus Monophthalmus
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Or if I'm convicted of murder and serve half my time, am I only allowed to scare somebody half to death, or can I knock them into a coma? This is getting complicated, but I like the path you're taking this in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
How tall is justice?
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
Who IS this masked man? And WHY has he never been photographed together with 6 year old millionaire playboy Calvin?
badge
I see a world that's tired and scared of living on the edge too long.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wasn't this a movie with Tommy Lee Jones and Ashley Judd?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Check out Stately Play for news and reviews of games worth thinking about.
mbmb
Here I thought I remembered it from Crisis on Infinite Earths. Didn't the Flash entertain the possibility of beating some guy to death?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
This reminds me of the time Bart Simpson asked the Sunday school teacher if he had a leg amputated and then died and went to heaven would his leg be there waiting for him?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Genghis wrote:
Wasn't this a movie with Tommy Lee Jones and Ashley Judd?

Out of the Un known used the idea that you can serve time for a crime volunterlay and thus get a ticket to commite the crime (in the story two people serve time for murder, you can figure out the rest).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is Darth Xaos in legal trouble?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric "Shippy McShipperson" Mowrer
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Ami. Geek.
mbmbmbmbmb
Call Darth stupid if you want, but this is just a fun hypothetical. OK, to be fair, he may actually believe that, but WE can use it as a fun hypothetical.

I've definitely used this logic against my parents before... well, in my head as I justified breaking rules.

People use the same logic to cheat on their spouses... "Well if you're going to be paranoid and act like I'm cheating on you, I might as well" etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Citrom
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

In a lower scale, the government could sell voluntary citations/fines, when pre-paid, that entitles one to do the offence at your leisure. They could be called, for lack of a real term, indulgences.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antigonus Monophthalmus
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
isaacc wrote:

In a lower scale, the government could sell voluntary citations/fines, when pre-paid, that entitles one to do the offence at your leisure. They could be called, for lack of a real term, indulgences.

You're usually pretty on the ball, but this was incredible. Kudos and thread victory, sir.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren M
Canada
Fort Vermilion
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mb
BagpipeDan wrote:
isaacc wrote:

You're usually pretty on the ball, but this was incredible. Kudos and thread victory, sir.

Nothing new there... that's how the entire political system already works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.