Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff White
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played my first face to face game last night and a few questions regarding mustering came up.

1) During an engagement, on the 4th turn the defender can muster a reinforcement if they meet the qualifications. Is that if they meet the qualifications on the fourth turn or if they met the qualifications when the engagement began?

2) Is there a limit to the number of a certain creature type you can muster? We ended up having a legion with one titan and one gorgon. Through the next several turns that legion would land on brush spaces and ended up being 6 gorgons and 1 titan.

3) To get a tower creature (centaur, ogre, or gargoyle) you have to end your turn on a tower correct? I ended up having a legion with two angels and couldn't ever seem to muster anything else as I couldn't end my turn on a tower. It seemed like a hopeless cause. I ended up picking a fight just to summon an angel to a different legion.

Thanks all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joris
Netherlands
Haarlem
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. On the fourth turn. The creature(s) have to be alive on the battle board.

2. No limit (other than the stack limit of 7 and the number of available creatures)

3. Yes, only in the tower can you muster a tower creature without having to show any other creature. (Summoning the Angels into other legions is the best choice in most cases)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Drake
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
I like pizza!
badge
I LIKE IT!!! ????
mbmbmbmbmb
Jack Hooligan wrote:
Played my first face to face game last night and a few questions regarding mustering came up.

1) During an engagement, on the 4th turn the defender can muster a reinforcement if they meet the qualifications. Is that if they meet the qualifications on the fourth turn or if they met the qualifications when the engagement began?

if they meet qualifications when the turn 4th turn begins

2) Is there a limit to the number of a certain creature type you can muster? We ended up having a legion with one titan and one gorgon. Through the next several turns that legion would land on brush spaces and ended up being 6 gorgons and 1 titan.

Nope, no limitation

3) To get a tower creature (centaur, ogre, or gargoyle) you have to end your turn on a tower correct? I ended up having a legion with two angels and couldn't ever seem to muster anything else as I couldn't end my turn on a tower. It seemed like a hopeless cause. I ended up picking a fight just to summon an angel to a different legion.

Thanks all.
In a tower you can muster either a cen, an ogre or a gargoyle with out having any other matching creature, but you have to be in the tower. Your angels could not muster anything with out getting into a tower.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Bauer
United States
Reading
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Waste Water too
badge
Mid-Atlantic Air Museum
mbmbmbmbmb
You mention your Titan stack ended up being 6 Gorgons. Remember you can muster a lesser creature if you wish. By taking a Cyclops, instead of another Gorgon, you can reopen the Behemoth-Serpent mustering path. Of course there's nothing wrong with 6 Gorgons and there is a risk of carrying the Cyclopses (Cyclopsi?) while you try to get a Behemoth. But it is an option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Schroth
United States
Middletown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
SewerStarFish wrote:
You mention your Titan stack ended up being 6 Gorgons. Remember you can muster a lesser creature if you wish. By taking a Cyclops, instead of another Gorgon, you can reopen the Behemoth-Serpent mustering path. Of course there's nothing wrong with 6 Gorgons and there is a risk of carrying the Cyclopses (Cyclopsi?) while you try to get a Behemoth. But it is an option.

Yeah, you can do this...but I'd recommend sticking with the Gorgons. 6 Gorgons is a very powerful stack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Fuegi
United States
Framingham
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
BagelManB wrote:
SewerStarFish wrote:

Yeah, you can do this...but I'd recommend sticking with the Gorgons. 6 Gorgons is a very powerful stack.

This situation is actually a bit more complex than that. The stack was originally Ttn Gor. I would take a Cyc when I went to the next Brush, not primarily to go for Behemoths, but because it gives me the ability to recruit in an additional terrain - Jungle, and with a 3 stack I need to be able to rebuild as quickly as possible. If I next went to a Jungle I'd get a second Cyc and at that point I'd likely aim to go for the Behemoth. Otoh, if I next went to a Brush I'd probably take the Gorgon although it would depend on the game situation somewhat. In other words, play it by ear somewhat but take the Cyc first to increase your options.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Demerath
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
YosT wrote:
1. On the fourth turn. The creature(s) have to be alive on the battle board.

2. No limit (other than the stack limit of 7 and the number of available creatures)

3. Yes, only in the tower can you muster a tower creature without having to show any other creature. (Summoning the Angels into other legions is the best choice in most cases)

I need a clarification on mustering as the Defender:

Say the Defender mustered at the end of his turn (e.g. in the plains, gets a Ranger from 2 Lions) and he is then engaged on the Attacker's turn. Defender does not flee as it's 88 vs 92 and he manages to survive (w/1 Ranger left) to the 4th round and the Attacker has only a weakened Ogre remaining.

Can the Defender muster another Ranger at the start of his 4th maneuver phase, or is he ineligible since he mustered in that region on his last turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Powerslave wrote:
Can the Defender muster another Ranger at the start of his 4th maneuver phase

Yes. You could even be attacked multiple times (by multiple players) between your turns, and muster in every one of those battles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.