Stefano Tine'
Italy
Genoa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hello,

The Vassal module for Marvel Heroes is now downloadable from:

http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Marval_Heroes

Please read the included brief manual and release notes (with a list of known issues), both visible after starting a game.

Any feedback and/or bug report very much welcome and see you on the Vassal server,

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Tine'
Italy
Genoa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just a couple quick pointers to those trying out the module:

1) the module enforces all rules, I just ask you to AVOID dragging resources and villains from one place to another, even on the same window, because that will BREAK the game as is (this is a current Vassal limitation: as soon as possible I will update the module to automatically have undraggable cards);

2) just remember to left click or right click on things to get things done (e.g. right click on a hero to set him/her ready/supporting or to send to Manhattan or to troubleshoot etc, left click on his/her card in the combat map to secretly select combat power or to activate combat abilities etc)

3) while the game text/log is in English, all the cards are in Italian only at the moment... please send me scans of cards in any other language, especially English, and I will quickly put them on to give every player independent language choice.. even raw (but readable) scans of cards side by side will suffice.. I will do the trimming and rescaling!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Tine'
Italy
Genoa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hello, version 1.1 of the module has been released today. Includes English and German versions of all game cards, as well as facilitated solo play mode. Please see full release notes (help menu, after starting the game). Many thanks to BGG forumists Oiler, Soronic and Miraculix for the scans!

Download the module from www.vassalengine.org

Please, post comments, requests for help, bug reports or set up games in this thread, or msg me privately. Any feedback extremely welcome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Tine'
Italy
Genoa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I uploaded on Youtube video tutorials for this module, covering the basics of the interface. Find the links to them on the http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Marval_Heroes page.

Apologies for the bad audio/video quality, boring/improvised script, bad voice etc..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guatemala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very many thanks for putting up with so much effort, barbanera.
Great modules, great tutorial videos.
I wish rules/events for "behind the scenes" parts of the game, such as Story Track and certain support actions where plot points and resource cards are awarded, were a bit more developed.
Grazie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Tine'
Italy
Genoa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thxs for your feedback, Ivan.

Can you be more specific about what I should improve on? I thought I covered all rules, but I might be wrong. Which ones did I forget? Or do you mean the rules/events are covered but I should increase/improve the log reports?

There might very well be still bugs I need to fix, and any specifics will greatly help me.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Tine'
Italy
Genoa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Please check the up to date list of known bugs on the Vassal engine forum:

http://www.vassalengine.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5066&p...

If you are not registered on the Vassal engine feel free to post any new bug/malfunctioning you find here.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Tine'
Italy
Genoa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hello again, version 1.2 of the module has been released today. Includes Spanish versions of all game cards, the possibility to independently choose the language in network play and it fixes many bugs. Please see full release notes on the Vassal website or under the help menu, after starting the game. Many thanks to BGG forumist Inefable Urlik for the scans!

Download the module from this page.

Please, post comments, requests for help, bug reports or set up games in this thread or in the dedicated Vassal forum thread mentioned in a previous post. Any feedback extremely welcome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Sutherland
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I was using vassal to play this and when I would try and activate a backup effect it did not work. Then when I tried tp roll the dice after discarding a villain card the option was greyed out.

Seems like having vassal know the rules is problematic. But on a good note, seems also like some kind of AI would be possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Tine'
Italy
Genoa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Can you be more specific as to which backup effect and/or villain and villain ability would not work? Also, which phase was it (defending, attacking, right after rolling, after a KO, etc etc). Any specifics to track down any possible bug would greatly help.

Also, make sure you use Vassal 3.2.0 if you can, as problems were noticed with Vassal 3.1.x and MH 1.2 (on the other hand 1.2 is strongly reccomended as it fixed numerous bugs).

Vassal 3.2.0 should be officially out any days now, but the latest beta builds can be downloaded from the Vassal website.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Sutherland
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Let me try it again and see how it goes, so I can remember the specifics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Tine'
Italy
Genoa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Vassal 3.2.0 is officially out now, so please try with that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Sutherland
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I downloaded the new Vassal and now it works fine. Thanks, and nice work.

Now all I need is some AI...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Tine'
Italy
Genoa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
heh... or you need to get in touch with somebody else willing to try it online.. myself, for example
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.