Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Terry Fung
United States
Westbury
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is this game on the IOS that I have been addicted to playing. It is called "Merchant Kingdom". I'm probably posting on the wrong forum but the only reason I am playing it is because I like board games like Settlers of Catan...

In Merchant Kingdom, you settle villages that would produce resources and that can evolve into castles just like Settlers without the dice rolling. It is time base so production is established every 100 min or less depending on how evolved you are. You can eventually change your status from a simple merchant to a knight or even a paladin in which allows the player to demand allegiance (tax...) from other players through either military might or cultural influence. The purpose of the game is to become the strongest ruler in your area (becoming a Count), or your state (becoming a Duke), or becoming the strongest duke in the country(becoming a prince).

What separates this game from the rest is that it is a "location-based" game. Why play on a mobile device if you are not using it's most unique capability. It access your GSP location to determine your location in the world, which determine where you are competing, what kind of resources you can get, and who else has settled in that land. The map is displayed in a 3x3 grid and the GUI is beautifully designed in comparison to other GPS games.

My biggest criticism of the game is lack of players due to the limitation that you are only directly interacting with people in your area. Thus, I encourage IOS user to try the game. It's completely free and I have not spent one cent on "king's favors" (allows immediate upgrade, production, etc.).

I would like to hear from other people who had played this game. Are you still playing? If not, what turned you off about the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.