Popular Tags: [View All]
Swain Voorman
United States
Stevens Point
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, additions to my gaming collection are increasingly being determined by the size of the box. I have a space in my gaming shelves that I'm attempting to fill with a (hopefully brilliant) game but I need your help. I'm interested in your recommendations for a game that fits within a weird set of measurements: 1"x12"x17". The 1" or less is key... I'm not just interested in what games might fit the space but what great games fit the bill. Fire away!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TK Number 3
Canada
Edmonton
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hmm, a skinny box is hard to come across. Only one I have that fits that description is Hansa. I enjoy it, not overly strategic but not a mindless adventure either. Total box dimensions may not be exactly what you're looking for, but it should fit your 1" requirement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TKNumber3 wrote:
Hmm, a skinny box is hard to come across. Only one I have that fits that description is Hansa. I enjoy it, not overly strategic but not a mindless adventure either. Total box dimensions may not be exactly what you're looking for, but it should fit your 1" requirement.

and its awesome. Bohnanza is pretty skinny
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leandro Couto
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see, so you are playing tetris with your shelf!

Just kidding, I also like to ponder on the organization of the games in my shelf, optimizing the visual effect and weight distribution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Ice
United States
San Jose
CALIFORNIA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lol, I've never bought a game because its box is a certain size, but I've definitely not purchased a game because of the size/shape of the box (and I don't just mean boxes that are too big, I mean an abnormal shape that wouldn't fit/stack well with the rest of my games, like a Queen game).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swain Voorman
United States
Stevens Point
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Haha. Tetris is exactly what it is! A game for the games... I've never really made purchases based on size before but if you have the space, might as well try and use it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mrs Smith
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
This is my chance to convey something meaningful! Darn. Wasted it.
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for Bohnanza, though it's more like 1.2" thick. Fantastic game though.

If you can create 1.5", then you might consider Dungeon Twister or anything from the GIPF Project series of games...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.