Popular Tags: [View All]
Pete Hooper
United States
Rockford
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm working on constructing a box insert out of foamcore. It's going to have compartments for the cards from the various expansions, and instead of labeling the compartments with the names, I thought I would use the expansion images. However, the only place I've found such images is the Arkham Horror Wiki, and those don't blow up very well.

Anyone know where I can find higher-resolution images?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Disgustipater
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The PDFs of the rules have decent sized images. I assume you mean the expansion symbols?

Also, if you've got the know-how, you could always use Adobe Illustrator to turn them into vectors to blow them up as big as you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Hooper
United States
Rockford
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Disgustipater wrote:
The PDFs of the rules have decent sized images. I assume you mean the expansion symbols?

Yes, indeed.

Quote:
Also, if you've got the know-how, you could always use Adobe Illustrator to turn them into vectors to blow them up as big as you want.

Hmm. I don't know anything about that. Maybe I'll investigate.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Franka
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I have them at reasonable size on one sheet in .png format with the corresponding expansion names next to them. I'd love to post it because I find it to be a useful reference when trying to remember which box the cards come from and I think others might as well. However, I never understand whether it's ok to post something like this with the expansion icon images here or not. I'm not looking to do the wrong thing. Anyone have any advice on how/whether to post something like this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Hooper
United States
Rockford
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As I understand it, if it's simply a reference sheet as you describe, it should be OK.

However, if you elect not to post it, could you email me a copy directly?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Franka
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I sent a copy to Pete and it was what he needed. I sent an email to FFG customer service asking permission to post it. If they say yes, I'll put it in the files section. If no, then I won't. I figure that's the safest way to go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick R
United Kingdom
Havant
Hampshire
flag msg tools
So long and thanks for all the fish
badge
42 - Life the Universe and Everything
mbmbmbmbmb
This might help for future requirements, get the Arkham Horror "Vassel" modules (http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Arkham_Horror), open the "vmdx" file for the expansion you are interested in with WinZip, WinRar etc., there is an "images" folder that contains all the cards, board, tokens, Investigators etc. Just extract the one you want and you are away (note cards for "common items" have no text which is an FFG stipulation).

Regards

Gnome
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry it took me so long to upload this. I have the vector Illustrator versions if you want them.

tibs.chris@gmail.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.