Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Victor Frandsen
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
not sure this has gotten around yet, TR got a nice plug from freddy wong on youtube today.
http://youtu.be/2TwBwOBNEkg?t=1m45s
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Worthington
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
2010 Releases ........................................ The Resistance, Haggis & Triumvirate ..................................... Now accepting submissions for 2011 releases ........................................ www.IndieBoardsandCards.com
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for posting, was wondering why sales om amazon went through the roof as I was getting on the plane for week of vacation!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats!

You need to get Wil Wheaton to cover this on Tabletop. I honestly hate Small World but that show has actually made me reconsider my position on the game. So, he's that good of a salesman.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Worthington
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
2010 Releases ........................................ The Resistance, Haggis & Triumvirate ..................................... Now accepting submissions for 2011 releases ........................................ www.IndieBoardsandCards.com
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
Congrats!

You need to get Wil Wheaton to cover this on Tabletop. I honestly hate Small World but that show has actually made me reconsider my position on the game. So, he's that good of a salesman.

They have shot the first season of Tabletop already, Resistance is not one of the games covered. I am hoping that they get a second season - guess the number of views will need to reach a certain level - YouTube

and Wil needs to play the game. When I asked, he told me that he has a copy and its been recommended to him but he hasn't broken it out. So if anyone knows him personally it would be great to get him to play. I am pretty sure that he would enjoy it!

There was at one time an initial discussion to make a TV show based on The Resistance - a hosted show like table top but with different guests each week, backed by a Big Bang Theory actor. That was pretty exciting, but has gone very silent. Perhaps getting on TableTop would be a good way to get that discussion going again - I don't think that such a show would be network material, but could be something that Comedy Central or MTV would air.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Or you could just do it on YouTube as a concept. That sounds amazing!

I'd totally watch it (and of course would love to be on it).

It struck me that even though I think Small World is a craptastic game, most gaming sessions aren't really so much about the game itself, but the player's and their reactions to it. Tabletop gave Small World this World Series of Poker-type feel to it, even though 3 of the 4 players had no idea what they were doing. I was incredibly impressed with the quality of the production.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Worthington
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:

It struck me that even though I think Small World is a craptastic game, most gaming sessions aren't really so much about the game itself, but the player's and their reactions to it. Tabletop gave Small World this World Series of Poker-type feel to it, even though 3 of the 4 players had no idea what they were doing. I was incredibly impressed with the quality of the production.

i don't know what the production costs of an episode would be. I have friends at youtube, trying to get me a connection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Compulsive Completist
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They also say the "best shot they ever filmed" was of a horse's butt so...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
T Worthington wrote:
clydeiii wrote:

i don't know what the production costs of an episode would be. I have friends at youtube, trying to get me a connection.

I know a show on my country that has actors playing Werewolves on screen, so I think The Resistance Show can work as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The biggest question for a The Resistance TV show is whether to let viewers know hidden information or not...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Views get some but not all, still leaving them in suspense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
Views get some but not all, still leaving them in suspense.

I mod a few RL games with a bunch of college kids the other day. It's still pretty interesting to watch even when you know the identities. The show could offer some direction to the audience who wants to guess to close their eyes during the spy revealing phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steph Lovik
United States
Sioux Falls
South Dakota
flag msg tools
Robert: Could use anotations to say who is what so people can choose not to have that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
Congrats!

I know most people are aware, but The Resistance has now appeared on Tabletop.

They went with having it known from the start who the Spies were, and reminding viewers during the gameplay as well - particularly in the little interview segments where the players talked about "As a Spy..."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
rmsgrey wrote:
clydeiii wrote:
Congrats!

I know most people are aware, but The Resistance has now appeared on Tabletop.

They went with having it known from the start who the Spies were, and reminding viewers during the gameplay as well - particularly in the little interview segments where the players talked about "As a Spy..."

I wonder if anyone would cut out all of the interview, and just run the game as it happened. Show it to others who haven't saw the show, and see how it goes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.