Popular Tags: [View All]
Beau No last name
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings,

My kids(ok, and I as well) have been having a blast collecting these things, but would like to start playing some actual games/battle with them.

Right now we have a bit of a mix between the Hero and the Action clix. From reading here it seems that the 10th anniversary clix are basically reprints of the figures from the Action clix. It appears to me that the easier of the 2 games to learn/play for a couple of 10 year olds is the Action clix version of the game.

Is there anyway to convert the stats from the Heroclix version to the Actionclix version? Or any suggestions as to how to mix the two sets so they can play?

Thanks,

- Raider30

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Barrett
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
We found the Actionclix games kind of boring, I don't know if the Heroclix rules improve the game or not.

I see you have a Heroscape Master Set: Rise of the Valkyrie we converted the units to Haloscape and had a blast playing the game.

If you go over to

http://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php

You can find some stats for these figures or use some very basic stats I uploaded here.

Haloscape Unit Stats

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beau No last name
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info. I'm actually a member of hs.com so I'm familiar with the site.

What I'm wondering though is if there are any locations someone could point me to where I could find the action clix stats for the guys that were released for the 10th anniversary edition Halo clix.

We have picked up a few boosters of the 10th anniversary clix, but of course those come with heroclix stat cards. My understanding is that most of the sculpts were just re-released versions of the ones originally released as Actionclix. So if I could find the stat cards for the various guys then we could use them as actionclix. (which I think would be simpler for a couple of 10 year olds to play)

- Raider30

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Royce Banuelos
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I understand, the ActionClix were exclusive to Halo and game mechanics are similar but different. The stats on the minis are different so it'll be more trouble to convert them back to Actionclix. There's also not a community for Actionclix. Best thing to do is keep the games separate, and learn one or the other. Heroclix isn't that complicated and in most circles the rules are interpretive. If you really want to mix the two it'll probably be best to just make up your own rules using some from Heroclix and some from Actionclix.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Lewis
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
for my 2¢, sticking purely to CLIX rulesets (although I have used HeroScape for Terrain for MANY other games)

the HEROCLIX based units will offer a greater variety of skills, the ACTIONCLIX figs tended to be very 'samey', which makes sense, as the game was meant to represent a gearswap and the pointages were all in increments of 25pts. The HERO figs keep alot of the ACTION abilities, plus others taken from the HEROCLIX games.

the HEROCLIX game is more straightforward, with no spawn rules/swap rules ... the difficulty will come in the added powers that will muck up the rules in different ways.

if memory serves, you may be able to play the 'quickstart' rules with a mashup of the figs, as powers will be ignored and just the numbers used ... more than likely, the numbers will be close enough to blend sets.

-G

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beau No last name
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the advice folks!

I just secured a deal that will give us about 40-50 of the action clix, and also had found one of the giant scarab's for pretty cheap(the kids are going to flip out!) So we should have enough to play the action clix way.

I think we've got enough of the new heroclix version to play that way as well. The kids have had crazy good luck, pulling the Master Chief/Arbiter figure and the Master Chief on a Ghost figure(both chasers) out of a total of 5 random packages grabbed off the shelf.

Thanks for the advice.

- Raider30

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.