Popular Tags: [View All]
Eder Monaco
Italy
Rome
RM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
I need to clarify the deadly mechanic. In FFS's instrucional video, even though they use characters with deadly in it they didn't take it in consideration.
I have a plot with claim = 1
If i do a military challenge with a deadly character, the defending player defends with 1 character that is not deadly and has less strength than me.
So he needs to kill 1 of his choice from ALL of his characters for loosing the military challenge and another because he lost the deadly conflict for a total of 2 characters to be killed?
Can he choose the character he used to defend with to be killed for the military challenge so the deadly mechanic can't be applied since it says that he must choose one of the defending characters to be killed but he has none that he can apply it to?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Hunt
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Military claim happens first, then deadly claim after. If there are no valid targets for deadly, then the deadly doesn't happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Madison

Houston
Texas
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Deadly is a passive effect which kills only participating defending characters, so if there are no defenders left, then there is nobody to kill.

Here is a break down of the action window.

1. Determine winner of challenge
2. Challenge result is implemented
3. Reward for unopposed challenge is awarded
4. Renown is awarded

5 passive effects (including deadly, vigilant, vengeful)

6 responses
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eder Monaco
Italy
Rome
RM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
thanks, now it's all clear

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the nice thing about deadly: Most people will choose to devote a single character or let the challenge go unopposed rather than risk killing multiple characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent 57
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And it is why deadly in military is far less impact full than deadly intrigue and power challenges.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eder Monaco
Italy
Rome
RM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
what if I attack in a power challenge with Targaryen's Warlock Servitors that is deadly and immune to character abilities.
The defender defends with 1 deadly character.

What happens?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark T
Canada
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deadly is a keyword, not an ability. The immune has no effect on the keyword. They still tie with one Deadly each, so nothing happens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eder Monaco
Italy
Rome
RM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.