Hide
6 Posts

Super Dungeon Explore» Forums » General

Subject: Is the Barbarian too powerful? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jarrett Lee
msg tools
Hey guys, I'm curious - in some of the reactions to the FAQ, it sounded like people thought the Claw Tribe Barbarian might be too powerful? Has that been your experience? I haven't played yet (still painting, but hope to soon) and am wondering if she skews the experience too much?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Pierce
United States
salinas
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
players seem to love her. Them being able to hop back and forth and destroy everything keeps the consul on his toes as well. I managed to kill her last time I played, just make sure everyone is aware of her lowered stats after she uses her power and KEEP TRACK OF IT.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robby hayes
United States
Spartanburg
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Just a Pilgrim
mbmbmbmbmb
I have found that if you focus on squishy characters and can take them out then the barbarian is not a big deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F. S.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
yeah, and she really pushes the powergauge fast towards the bosses, it can be a big problem if the heroes face the rexes and starfire too soon :devil:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Norris
United States
IN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spirallian wrote:
yeah, and she really pushes the powergauge fast towards the bosses, it can be a big problem if the heroes face the rexes and starfire too soon devil

As Consul, I throw cheap fodder at her for this purpose. Make her keep pounding the weak characters, hoping you get a few hits on her here and there. Bringing out Rex and Starfire early in the game isn't a good thing for the heroes!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Norris
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
...and J-Pop too!!!!
badge
Raina rocks!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
greyelephant wrote:
Spirallian wrote:
yeah, and she really pushes the powergauge fast towards the bosses, it can be a big problem if the heroes face the rexes and starfire too soon devil

As Consul, I throw cheap fodder at her for this purpose. Make her keep pounding the weak characters, hoping you get a few hits on her here and there. Bringing out Rex and Starfire early in the game isn't a good thing for the heroes!

Amen to that! Last game: all three generators in play...and here comes Starfire!

Sorry heroes..you lose this time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.