Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Italian Seismologist
United Kingdom
norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
[The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was not convincing people he didn't exist, but convincing them that he was God.
mbmbmbmbmb
i took part in the last uk maths trade, and will be doing so again in this one. what i am asking however is if maths trades come up for stuff other than games. ie does anyone know of any maths trades going on in or outside bgg that do this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
i believe one person (the author of TradeGenie) used to use it for music CD and/or DVD math trades

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. Perry
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unsuccessfully, yes.

The only math trades I know of are on this site. While they often allow non-game entries, the bulk of the items are gaming-related.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Okasaki
United States
White Plains
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There have been several math trades of "geocoins".

Also, there is a variation of math trades used for kidney donors. No, I'm not making that up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bankler
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Keep Summer Safe!"
mbmbmbmbmb
cokasaki wrote:

Also, there is a variation of math trades used for kidney donors. No, I'm not making that up!

It should be mentioned that the Kidney trades are made possible due to the work by Chris himself. So, kudos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Okasaki
United States
White Plains
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bankler wrote:
cokasaki wrote:

It should be mentioned that the Kidney trades are made possible due to the work by Chris himself. So, kudos.

Uh, no, that would be very cool, but I had nothing to do with it. The software they use works on completely different principles than TradeMaximizer. And this difference is inherent, because in kidney matching, it is important to keep the sizes of trade loops small.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bankler
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Keep Summer Safe!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, I thought they used the trade maximizer software. My mistake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
blogs good
msg tools
Kayvon wrote:
Unsuccessfully, yes.

The only math trades I know of are on this site. While they often allow non-game entries, the bulk of the items are gaming-related.
Unsuccessfully!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.