Yomi» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about Agragarg's passive ability. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tycho Terziev
Bulgaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agragarg deals 2 damage if he wasn't thrown this turn. Ok, but I am little bit confused about the "being thrown" part. I get that his ability doesn't activate on the turn he is thrown, but does it activate on the next? In other words- Is "being thrown" a persitant effect that lasts during the turn after the throw? I am pretty shure that this isn't the case when it comes to Agragarg's ability, but I just want to be shure. Playing with Magic:The Gathering players does that to you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Linneman
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At the end of each turn, check to see if Arg's opponent threw him successfully that turn. If not, the opponent loses 2 health. If so, he doesn't. It's really that simple.

Note that ending a combo with a throw (in the case of Setsuki) would count as a throw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
colin langton
United States
California
flag msg tools
It's not necessarily if he was thrown, it's if he was knocked down, which is an effect that sticks around for the next combat whether or not Arg is in the game. (The knocked down character can't dodge and their blocks are worse (check the rulebook). Knockdowns are on most characters' normal throws, and some special moves (like Geiger's K).

Note that you don't get knocked down unless a knockdown move ends the combo. So if Grave throws Arg and stops there, Arg is knocked down and his innate won't do 2 damage. But if Grave tacks on an Ace after the throw, then Arg doesn't get knocked down, and his innate still does damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Important distinction: The ability does not depend on Argagarg being thrown or not, it has to do with whether or not he's knocked down at the end of the turn

a) Most throws do knock down, but not all do
b) Knockdown only occurs if the final hit of a combo has a knockdown icon. So if you use a knockdown throw but then follow it up with non-knockdown moves, the opponent is not knocked down.
c) Some none-throw moves have a knockdown effect
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Linneman
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh my bad, ya it's dependent on being knocked down, not being thrown. I must have been mixing it up with Geiger and Midori's abilities that end if they are thrown.

That's pretty easy then. Just check if your opponent's combo ends with the knockdown symbol. If not, -2 life.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tycho Terziev
Bulgaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks guys! Maybe I had far too many games of Yomi these days and my brain is little bit cloudy as a result. The wording of the ability is totally clear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.