Jesse Hickle
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting that. I'm a music therapist, and it's always nice to get a visual for exactly how music can help someone. Oliver Sacks has always been one of the music therapy profession's big advocates. There's even a scene about the helpfulness of music in Awakenings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammock Backpacker
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A HIke!
mbmbmbmbmb
Very cool. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
午餐先生
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Inspiring. Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wonderful!! Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WOOT.

I have music on every waking moment.

Thanks, Amy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the one and only
Germany
Nettetal - Kaldenkirchen
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Amy; wonderful indeed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duke Of Lizards
United States
Montpelier
Vermont
flag msg tools
Livin's mostly wasting time, and I waste my share of mine
badge
I am a breathing time machine
mbmbmbmbmb
asutbone wrote:
Thanks for posting that. I'm a music therapist, and it's always nice to get a visual for exactly how music can help someone. Oliver Sacks has always been one of the music therapy profession's big advocates. There's even a scene about the helpfulness of music in Awakenings.

He wrote an entire book on music and the brain: Musicophilia.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hickle
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
polychrotid wrote:
asutbone wrote:

His book An Anthropologist on Mars includes a story called "The Last Hippie", about a guy who is mentally stuck in the 70s, when he was a huge fan of the Grateful Dead. The story was the basis of a movie that came out last year called The Music Never Stopped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Key Locks
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duke Of Lizards
United States
Montpelier
Vermont
flag msg tools
Livin's mostly wasting time, and I waste my share of mine
badge
I am a breathing time machine
mbmbmbmbmb
asutbone wrote:
polychrotid wrote:
asutbone wrote:

His book An Anthropologist on Mars includes a story called "The Last Hippie", about a guy who is mentally stuck in the 70s, when he was a huge fan of the Grateful Dead. The story was the basis of a movie that came out last year called The Music Never Stopped.

That movie looks pretty good. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Heidenreich
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
MilwaukeeTEG
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
polychrotid wrote:
asutbone wrote:
polychrotid wrote:
asutbone wrote:

The movie was excellent!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
bop517 wrote:
polychrotid wrote:
asutbone wrote:
polychrotid wrote:
asutbone wrote:

The movie was excellent!

Speaking of inspiring movies about music, did any of you see Young@Heart? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1047007/
Brilliant, that one was.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MABBY wrote:
bop517 wrote:
polychrotid wrote:
asutbone wrote:
polychrotid wrote:
asutbone wrote:

The movie was excellent!

Speaking of inspiring movies about music, did any of you see Young@Heart? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1047007/
Brilliant, that one was.

Didn't see it. Will take a look
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.