Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Bitches!
badge
Hourglass Nebula
mbmbmbmbmb
At the end of a mission..

* A pilot who has flown that mission recovers Stress equal to his Cool.
* A pilot who has not flown that mission recovers Stress equal to his Cool + 2.

If you purchase the Priority R&R option, ALL pilots recover ADDITIONAL Stress equal to their Cool + 2.

So, for example, by purchasing the Priority R&R option, a pilot with Cool of 1 that has flown a mission recovers 4 points of Stress and a pilot with a Cool of 1 that has NOT flown a mission recovers 6 points of Stress.

Is this correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Dalley
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is correct. Though I prefer to do priority R&R as it's on step. i.e. I have the mission then on the next slot I write R&R. This way I can decide after I've totaled up all of the stress if I want do R&R.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
From the rulebook:
Quote:
Priority R&R
Once after every mission you may spend 9 SO Points to remove 2 Stress plus the Pilot’s Cool from every Pilot in your squadron.

I can't believe I've been playing this wrong all this time! When I purchase Priority R&R, I've only been removing 2 Stress from from every pilot, not the Cool, too.

...because, from the Phantom Leader rulebook:
Quote:
Priority R&R
Once after every mission you may spend 3 SO points to remove 2 Stress from every pilot in your squadron.

...somehow, although I realized the cost difference, the "Cool" difference didn't register.

This makes Hornet Leader even easier. (IMHO, the Situational Awareness (SA) Points already make it too easy.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
Germany
Illerkirchberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jude wrote:

This makes Hornet Leader even easier. (IMHO, the Situational Awareness (SA) Points already make it too easy.)

so if it`s too easy for you, then adjust the difficulty level as it is written in the rule book under "optional rules". This may help a lot for the top gun strategists
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
Braz wrote:
Jude wrote:

so if it`s too easy for you, then adjust the difficulty level as it is written in the rule book under "optional rules". This may help a lot for the top gun strategists

I have tried the Night Missions, Flying 1 Less aircraft, and Random Squadron, but the SO or VP bonuses for using these balance the disadvantages.

I agree that the "Campaign Difficulty" optional rules can make it much harder, though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The basic +2+cool reduction is for pilots that didn´t fly that DAY, not that MISSION, right? Otherwise a pilot would regain stress twice as fast if his buddies flew two missions on the same day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Jones
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Bitches!
badge
Hourglass Nebula
mbmbmbmbmb
wingnut69 wrote:
The basic +2+cool reduction is for pilots that didn´t fly that DAY, not that MISSION, right? Otherwise a pilot would regain stress twice as fast if his buddies flew two missions on the same day.

My understanding is that you typically fly one mission per day, unless you have a primary mission and a secondary mission, then you fly two. So at most two missions a day, and a single pilot cannot fly both a primary mission and a secondary mission.

To your point, I would agree with your interpretation that "day" is technically more correct than "mission". If you fly a primary and a secondary mission, in effect you are purchasing Priority R&R just once, at the end of the second mission. Like you said, if you purchased Priority R&R at the end of each mission, a pilot who didn't fly in either mission would regain Cool + 2 twice and I doubt that's correct. I'd like to hear experience players weigh in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.