Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
S Larkin
Canada
Carp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Les Jeux aux Boute went well. Like Ludo Outaouais, it is an open gaming convention but it is near Chertsey Quebec, about 1 hour North of Montreal. Lots of gaming and not much sleep! I played 26 games in about 70 hours, which left only about 11 hours for sleep.

The list of games? Thursday: Last Will, Coney Island, Upon a Salty Ocean, Cuba, The Speicherstadt, Mammut. Friday: Last Will (again!), Santa Cruz, China, Sun, Sea & Sand, Lancaster, A Game of Cat & Mouse (an Al Leduc prototype), City Tycoon, and Angkor. Saturday: Biblios, Dr. Shark, Alcatraz: the Scapegoat (me), King of Tokyo (not me), The End of the Triumvirate, 1846, Castles of Burgundy, Walnut Grove and Maka Bana. Sunday was Mr. Shark again and Vasco Da Gama.

I've already got one volunteer for Cangames. Looking forward to hearing from others!

There will be a meeting of the Kanata Board Gamers this Thursday, 12 April 2012. The start time for the session is 6 PM till approximately 11pm.

The place is: Kanata Community Christian Reformed Church
Detailed directions follow, but it is quite close to the Wizard’s Tower and the Hazeldean Public Library.

Also, send me a geekmail if you want to let me know about anything - from suggestions for raising club attendance, club purchase suggestions, or just telling me whether you can make the meeting.

Feel free to use this forum thread to discuss what to play!

You may bring food & drink (be neat!). We can rearrange the tables & chairs provided we return everything an keep things tidy.

Our meetings are posted on meetup; check out http://meetup.gamesforall.ca/

Kanata Community Christian Reformed Church (KCCRC) is 46 Castlefrank Rd (directions follow). There is parking outside. Follow the signs to the church basement.

I will be collecting $2.50 from each person. The first $20 collected is donated to our gracious venue. Any left over will go into a boardgame library fund. Maybe we'll have enough for some 2012 Essen picks? The war chest stands at $63.50 and the library stands at 5 games (Automobile, Eclipse, The Forgotten Planet, Colonial: Europe's Empires Overseas, and Pergamemnon). Members can borrow from the library any time.

Visitors are always welcome. Come on in and check us out! There is no obligation, but if you decide to become a member it only costs $5 and entitles you to 10% discount cards at select local games stores.

Note if you want the discount cards (for Fandom II, Toys on Fire, and Comic Book Shoppe), let me know & I'll have them made up. 100% of the $5 fee goes to Can Games to support kids games and the cards are good for 1 calendar year from the month you get them. We have collected $42.50 for the kids so far.

Please add to this thread with your suggestions of what to play.

Hope to see you then!

Directions to the Kanata Community Christian Reformed Church (from the East):

1. Take Queensway/417 to MARCH/MARCH RD. exit, EXIT 138, toward CH. EAGLESON/EAGLESON RD./KANATA. 600m
2. Take the EAGLESON RD SOUTH ramp. 0.09 km
3. Turn LEFT onto EAGLESON RD/CHEMIN EAGLESON/RR-49 S. 2.1 km
4. Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto HAZELDEAN RD/CHEMIN HAZELDEAN/RR-36 1.3 km
5. Turn LEFT onto CASTLEFRANK RD/CHEMIN CASTLEFRANK. 0.3 km
6. 46 CASTLEFRANK ROAD is on your left at the stop sign.
7. Go up the hill to the church and park at the top. There will be a sign on the church doors near the parking lot directing you.
8. Go thru' the doors and into the main hall. To your left will be stairs leading down. Take the stairs and at the bottom go right then left. We are in room 103 at the end of the corridor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remy Suen
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Planning to be there. Would like to play (somebody's copy of) Age of Discovery.

Also looking for people to play The Resistance. I have some "test modules" from the designer I would like to try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan M
Canada
flag msg tools
I cannot make it for the next couple due to exams at school. However, Remy, I would love you get a game of Stronghold in when I am back. I will mention something closer to when I will be able to attend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Deyette
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like quite a weekend Steve. Are you sure that you're up for more this week?

I'm hoping to make it out this time.

Steve, could you bring Inca Empire along in case. In fact if you are up for playing I would love to finally try the game. Anyone else interested? I probably won't there until 6:15 or so.
See you then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Valenta
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm planning on being there and can bring Age of Discovery/Age of Empires III.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Le
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quiet thread this week. I should be there tomorrow, and will be up for anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Villeneuve
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be there this week for sure. I know I said that the last two times, but this time I made the gf promise not to steal the car at the last second.

I'll bring Game of Thrones, but I'm up for playing anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lang Bedang
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
FortyRock
badge
Beware of Rocks
mbmbmbmbmb
BigL16 wrote:
I'll be there this week for sure. I know I said that the last two times, but this time I made the gf promise not to steal the car at the last second.

Better halfs can be as random as a roll of the die...
1-5 says she still takes the car 1d20 = (6) = 6

Quote:

I *could* be up for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 122304. lajaro
  • 1d20 =
  • (6) =
  • 1-5 says she still takes the car :)
  • Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:27 pm
Eric Ruhland
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BigL16 wrote:

I'm dying to try A Game of Thrones. Count me in if you play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Villeneuve
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eirikr wrote:
BigL16 wrote:

I'm dying to try A Game of Thrones. Count me in if you play.

Sweet! I might not be there till 6:30 though. So you might want to play a quick game of something else beforehand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remy Suen
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Had a great time yesterday!

Here's a picture of David, Dan, and Mark pondering during the final round of The Castles of Burgundy, all in good fun given their grins...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Valenta
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We had 10 people show up this time including one newcomer. We started off with a 6 player game of Wizard while we waited for everyone to show up. Then we split into two groups. As you can see from Remy's photo, Remy, Dan, Dave and Mark played a game of The Castles of Burgundy while Langley, Chris, Eric, Craig, Al and myself slugged it out in A Game of Thrones: The Board Game (Second Edition) in which Greyjoy (Langley) squeaked out a victory by holding 4 castles including 2 strongholds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Villeneuve
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I definitely enjoyed that game! Although it's a quite a bit more time, the full 6 players makes a world of difference!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Ruhland
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I LOVED A Game of Thrones and I hope to play it again very soon. Thannks all for a great intorduction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.