Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tonight was my first night playing with the expansion. We had 4 players, which means we had to consult the rulebook for some tweaking.

The rulebook was very clear about how with 4 players, you use 4 stacks of huts. 7 huts per stack.

It was also clear how you can only use 3 of the special buildings (trader, field, hut, tools)

What I wasn't clear on was how many cards are laid out each turn. There are 4 spaces for cards on the main board and 1 new space on the new board that costs decorations (you can also pay extra decorations for a blind draw).

The problem we ran into was the deck of cards running out really fast and it being really easy to collect the different symbol cards. We found that end game scores were drastically far apart between players.

So I wonder-
Do you use less cards each round? If so, which one would you block from player use? (the space that costs decorations, or the 1,2,3, or 4 resources spot?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought the rules were quite clear that all 5 card spaces are filled.

Edit: From the English rules:
"8. Shuffle the 9 new civilization cards with the original civilization cards and place them as a supply next to the original game board. Next, draw the top-most 5 cards from the supply and place them face-up in the 5 spaces. This is done for any number of players." (Bold mine)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I missed that small segment. I was confused because it mentioned the cards again under the 4 player rule changes in more confusing detail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls