4 Posts

Thunderstone Advance: Towers of Ruin» Forums » Rules

Subject: Thunderstones cards in Advance rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
C W

Washington
msg tools
Is there any use for the old Thunderstone cards with the new Advance rules?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you asking about all older cards of this game, or specifically about the cards with type "Thunderstone?"

The former, yes. The latter, sort of. You could randomize the thunderstones along with the thunderstone bearers.

I'd just go with the bearers, though. The thunderstone as an end condition has always felt a bit off to me. The bearers are much more satisfying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Ebert
United States
Cape Coral
Florida
flag msg tools
Solo Gamers are NOT lonely!
badge
Together We Game Alone (1 Player Guild)
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking of a way to use them, here's what I've thought of. Haven't actually tried it though.
Since the thunderstone bearers are guardians, I would mix them in with the old guardians.
If you want to know what it is beforehand, if it's an old Guardian, randomly select an old thunderstone and set if off to the side. If the guardian is defeated, you get the thunderstone with him. If it's a thunderstone bearer, no old thunderstone.

I like to randomly select my guardian/thunderstone bearer and not know what it is till it arrives. In that case, I would randomly select a thunderstone anyway, and you would get it if it happens to be an old guardian.

Note: Treat the old guardians as thunderstone bearers with dungeon set up. Old thunderstones will not be shuffled into the deck.

What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederick Ohlmann
msg tools
shacky22 wrote:
If you want to know what it is beforehand, if it's an old Guardian, randomly select an old thunderstone and set if off to the side. If the guardian is defeated, you get the thunderstone with him. If it's a thunderstone bearer, no old thunderstone.

I have done that, for campaign purpose only. Only some guardian are good for this (mainly the last doomknight and the Guardian of Night). Also, an olg guardian + a thunderstone can often give much more VP than a thunderstone bearer.

I would not use thunderstone at all, except for campaign and against the Heart of Doom.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.