1 Posts

Forbidden Island» Forums » Variants

Subject: Adding Betrayer rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dohun Lee
South Korea
flag msg tools
I got sick and tired of this game quickly. I don't know the reason but my friends said this game was entirely too easy. I was about to sell this game.
But our member tried to make it hard so we made follow house rules.
The way is... we add a betrayer like 'Shadows over Camelot' or 'Bang!'.
I was surprised that we played 5 times more!
I recommend you to try this variant rules, indeed.

I found 'Traitor Variant' at this forum just now.
My rule looks like 'Traitor Variant' but simpler and has some certain differences.

Setting

Print 6 Role cards (5 Normals, 1 Betrayer)
http://blog.naver.com/sagolman/100119893502
or make those cards in person simply.

You don't need to make it same size as included card.
A blue 3rd card; Forbidden Island Destination is for back.

Above link contains user-made cards in Korean language.
It means,

- NORMAL: Collect 3 treasures and escape the island with all adventurer.
- BETRAYER: Collect 2 treasures and escape the island alone.

Add a gun sumbol on each kind of treasure card.(just 1 card per kind).
Thus, there are 4 cards with gun symbol.

What is difference?

1. Every player draw a Adventurer card. And then, draw the Role card. Don't disclose your own Role card.

2. Goal of the betrayer is find 2 treasures and escape the island alone.
If the betrayer wins, the others lose the game. If normals win, the betrayer loses the game.

3. How to shoot?

1) The betrayer can kill the normal person by using a treasure card with gun symbol and consuming 2 actions if they are in a same tile. The dead person get out of game immediately and the betrayer discloses his own role card.
* Reward: The betrayer get treasures from dead person. After the betrayer kill the normal person.

2) A normal person can kill the suspected person by using a treasure card with gun symbol and consuming 2 actions if they are in a same tile. Other players' agreements are required. \
* Reward: Get treasures from dead person no matter who it is.
● If the dead person turned out to be a betrayer, the killer can change his cards; get the cards from deck as much as he wants while discard same number of cards. Of course, Water Rising card is applied immediately.
● If the dead person turned out to be a normal person,

That's all.

* If you are a betrayer, killing is not always the best because the island is sinking fast!
* If you think above rules are so complicated, just try to play a game without shooting the gun.
* Keep in mind, nobody knows whether there is a betrayer or not!

If there was already totally same variant, please let me know to remove this article.
I'll really grateful if you would point out bad English and let me know better expression.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.