Popular Tags: [View All]
Ray Stantz
Australia
Central Coast
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was so proud tonight when my 6 year old son invented his own card game using the Mr Men cards that he got from the Easter Show. We played the typical old games like Memory, Go Fish and Snap and then suddenly he started talking about his own game that he wanted to play where everybody had their own monsters. Thats when his game invention began which he called Mr Monster. The four of us sat around and listened to what his rules for the game were and we all had lots of fun playing and helping him with ironing out the rules.

Game Rules :
All players picked one Mr Men card as their Mr Monster and all players were informed what the four monsters were. All cards then got shuffled into the deck including the Mr Monsters and got placed in the middle as a draw pile.

1st player drew a card and placed it face up in front of them. Play then continued clockwise with each player drawing a card and placing it face up in front of them. Mr Men cards were placed in a line across the bottom and if you drew one of the Mr Monster cards this went in a line across the top. The first player to get 2 of the same Mr Monster cards was the loser and Game Over.

Should you have been lucky enough to draw a pair of the Mr Men cards these can cancel out one of your Mr Monster cards which then gets shuffled back into the draw pile and your Mr Men pair put to the side as the pair can only cancel out one Mr Monster card. If you did not have any Mr Monster cards when you got a pair, you can hang onto these until you get a monster.

We had a lot of fun playing this game with the kids as it had alot of suspense with not knowing when a Mr Monster was going to be drawn, it also taught them a bit of strategy as when they got a pair they had to see who else had a Mr Monster like theirs so that they could put it back in the draw pile in hope that someone else might get the Monster pair and lose.

It makes me so proud that my 6 year old son has a great imagination and from the short time that he has been playing games with us he has picked up so much and I know that he is going to be a huge Board Gamer.

My family and I will continue to play this game with the kids and hopefully one day he will come up with others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
And so it begins!

Heh, just had to say it: sounded all full of 'destiny' and such

But congrats to your boy for his creativity! Nurture it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Start em young!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.