Jake Fernandez
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm. I just got TA and I like the overall streamlined feeling of the game and its new look. Have anybody tried mixing it with the old set? Do the cards stand out as if they don't belong there? I know it might be a minor issue for some, but I like my games to have its overall package look great rather than feel like forcefitting old parts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederick Ohlmann
msg tools
Yes, it mix pretty well (flavor and look wise) in general.

Some example of thing that feel a bit off :
* long sword with small sword. The small sword is much more powerful, which feel strange
* special disease deck, because the TA set are not created to give special diseases. So, either you give special diseases with older monster and curse with newer (which is a bit of a pain), or you never mix burnmarked with something that give special diseases. (you may be raped hard else)

I have not been shocked by the mix of the two design, since apart from the class symbol I feel they does not have deep differences, but then again you may be more sensitive to this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Valentine
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Older sets have many more monsters that cannot be attacked by X, Y, or Z. This makes it much harder to attack them if you have the wrong mix of cards. This is not so much a problem in the Advance basic set.

Lee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederick Ohlmann
msg tools
hudarklord wrote:
Older sets have many more monsters that cannot be attacked by X, Y, or Z. This makes it much harder to attack them if you have the wrong mix of cards. This is not so much a problem in the Advance basic set.

Lee

Well, except 1/3 of the lvl 3 monster of advance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.