Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Chipman
United States
Murray
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My group has played through about 1/6 of the campaign, and we've encountered some questions:

Do cannon's block line of site?

If not, do they affect Dragonfire Cannons breath(block the fire from those behind them)

(In Leviathan story) When Lt. is besieging a Binding site, and the heroes come upon it, how can they drive the Lt off? By encountering it? By attacking the island?

Are all Lt. encounters at sea?

Many of the questions I've had fall under the idea that "if it doesn't state it explicitly, don't worry about it." For instance, there aren't any rules for falling out/getting back in the boat. I think it should cost more than two movement to get back in the boat. However, there is nothing there.

I also recognize that after having stared at the book for two very long play sessions, I may just be missing the black print.

Thanks for helping me get clarity. This is a great game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbon Loughnan
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chipmafia wrote:
My group has played through about 1/6 of the campaign, and we've encountered some questions:

Do cannon's block line of site?

No.
SoB pg38
Weapon Mount (w/ Cannon)
Block Movement? Yes
Block Line of Sight? No
A figure adjacent to a weapon mount that contains a cannon may fire the cannon, as described on page 26.

Quote:
If not, do they affect Dragonfire Cannons breath(block the fire from those behind them)

They can't block their own side's fire, since cannons only shoot 'out' from the boat.
They don't provide any 'cover' from enemy fire, if that is what you mean.

Quote:
(In Leviathan story) When Lt. is besieging a Binding site, and the heroes come upon it, how can they drive the Lt off? By encountering it? By attacking the island?

Yes, by encountering it. Take a 'move' week action and end in the same location as the Lt (whether having actually moved or not), then fighting a Lt encounter and having the Lt 'flee' (or die) from the encounter.

[q]Are all Lt. encounters at sea?

In SoB, yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Chipman
United States
Murray
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for helping me find my way through the rule book. I'm finding the biggest issue I have is when I think there should be a rule for something, and there isn't (falling out of boat, etc)

Also, Lieutenants seem fairly powerful to me, and their ability to flee at will makes them a nuisance. I guess that is the original intent, but it makes the party decide whether to continue to pursue the Lt and stop sieges, or do islands/dungeons and get CP's.

We have played about 1/4 through the game, and the score currently stands at OL=77 and Heroes=71. It seems fairly balanced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.