Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I originally intended this to be a session report, but as time went on, I forgot too many of the details of the actual game, hehe...

So, I wanted instead to share with you all a variant on a variant that my family and I played with a couple of days ago.
We were quite happy with it and it accomplished what we had hoped.
It killed me.

We were short on time and wanted to ensure the game didn't take too long, but we did NOT want the game to simply become a race as to who did the most hits or who could run the fastest, so we didn't alter the regular rules there. We also feel that the Dragon just isn't deadly enough, as not one game (in about 8) has ended with a Hero dieing.

So, what we did was take Mr. Launius' Deadly Dragon variant and tone it down a tad. Basically we used a modified "B" section of that rule and the "C" section of that rule.

So, 3 of the 4 Heroes could get wounded by the Dragon track (and potentially more from the Rampage, although we did not alter the standard rules for the rampage card). We did not offer the 1st wounded the option to lose treasure. So, 1st hit suffers 3 wounds and draws a card. 2nd takes 2 wounds with no benefit. 3rd takes 1 wound with no benefit.

Furthermore, every 2 Dragon Icons counted as 1 hit during attacks.

So, there you have it. My wife almost bit it for 3 turns in a row! But luck and card play saved the day for her...while I bought the farm a turn later!
Obviously, with my death, I lost...but the other 3 Heroes were all very close and the game played ~20-30 minutes quicker; just what we needed!

What a fantastic game!
We may not use this variant all the time, but it served the purpose of making the Dragon scary and cutting down time a bit.
Maybe you will enjoy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.