4 Posts

Anima: Shadow of Omega» Forums » General

Subject: Question - how adversarial is this game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brohan Coldale
Japan
flag msg tools
I was considering getting this for our group. Our one concern however is that I have Dungeoneer, and we didn't get into that because we found it too adversarial - the players fight and compete with each other to be the winner, rather than working co-operatively to succeed.

(I know there is a variant of Dungeoneer that uses the equivalent of a GM but we didn't really get into it enough to try that out, given that we found the ordinary rules quite complex with a lot to track per player)

Can someone who has played this tell me if it is the same? Do the players work together or against each other?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serge Gagnon
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely not a co-op game, although there are some elements for 'trading' to better your hand/ abilities. To be honest, this is one of the most adversarial game my group plays, plenty of backstabing. If you're looking for a more co-op game, my advise is to look elsewhere. We like it because of the 'take that' element
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brohan Coldale
Japan
flag msg tools
Oh of course, nothing against that - if it's what you're into. I might give it a go anyway. How are the rules? One of the reasons we gave up on Dungeoneer quite quickly is that there seems to be a LOT to it, in terms of tracking of points and resources. I had to make playermats just so we could play a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.