Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Dupree
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am assuming that, due to play of action cards as events, IPs gained during the action round will accumulate until the next political phase, in which they are taken into account just like the rest of the poltical cards, moving markers, dropping the odd ones, etc. Am i correct in this assumption?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dockter
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.

IPs are placed on factions per the event listed on the Action Cards (of course, assuming that the AC is played as an event) and impact the next political process (as do the IPs listed on the Political Cards). At the end of that Political Phase, all IPs are removed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Dupree
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick response.

Ryan

This game is cool so far, by the way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dockter
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad you like it. Just wondering, how did you come across ToC and have you played alot of wargames before? Curious about the new ToC players these days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Dupree
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Met up with a buddy online to play Washingtons war PBEM about a year back. We've kind of been working our way through most of the CDGs since. I like the 'Racier tree' so Triumph of Chaos seems a good step after Paths of glory and Pursuit of Glory. When i saw the map and cards on Vassal, i was pretty intrigued, it looks very nice. He picked it up somewhere and we're giving it a shot. I know nothing about the Russian Rev, but am now more interested. I really like the Czech Legion story, so am in the process of finding a good book on that.

Ryan

By the way, many of the new questions posted is my opponent, so bear with our confusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Ottoman
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that's me, Ryan's evil CDG nemisis also asking the questions as we learn the game using the intro scenario via vassal.

Ryan's the one that had been mentioning ToC for some time as we played Pursuit of Glory.

I was at the Winter Activation Meeting in Maryland a few months back and a person there had a copy of ToC which I looked at and was impressed with the map and the look of the game. Already liked the design elements from the PoG and PuG line of evolution. I found a copy of the game, open but unpunched/unplayed on the BGG market place and a copy of the Comrade's Guide on Ebay.

Really enjoy the CDGs, and especially enjoy learning through playing more about the WW1 and post WW1 era. I really didn't appreciate the scoped and complexity of the politcs and warfare in that time period.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.